Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Direct Permanent Residence

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    93

    Default Direct Permanent Residence

    Hi everyone,

    I have read somewhere that you can get permanent residency directly without having to apply for resident visa if you satisfy a few conditions one of which was a salary of $91000 per annum.
    Can someone please share the link for that.
    TIA

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    38

    Default

    It only applies to Work to Residence visas where the original visa was issued before October 2019: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#30628.htm
    INZ is currently allocating SMC applications lodged in July 2019, so the wait might not be too long for you now.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Zealand (ex: South Africa)
    Posts
    761

    Default

    There are one circumstance where one may be granted a Permanent Resident Visa without having first applied for a Resident Visa, and that is for people directly affected by the 2019 Christchurch mosque attacks who meet the requirements set out at S4.30.

    There are limited circumstances where one may be granted an immediate Permanent Resident Visa upon application for a Resident Visa. These are:

    • an application for a Resident Visa under the Partnership Category, by a person who meets the requirements set out at F2.5.1;
    • an application for a Resident Visa under the Talent (Accredited Employer) Category, by a person who meets the requirements set out at RW2.1;
    • an application for a Resident Visa by a quota refugee, asylum seeker or protected person under S3.10, or a community organisation sponsored refugee under S4.25;
    • people directly affected by the 2019 Christchurch mosque attacks, as above.


    Anyone not falling in any of the above categories must first obtain a Resident Visa, and may only obtain a Permanent Resident Visa by meeting the requirements set out in RV2.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Thanks Downsouth,

    This is exactly what I was looking for.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    There are one circumstance where one may be granted a Permanent Resident Visa without having first applied for a Resident Visa, and that is for people directly affected by the 2019 Christchurch mosque attacks who meet the requirements set out at S4.30.

    There are limited circumstances where one may be granted an immediate Permanent Resident Visa upon application for a Resident Visa. These are:

    • an application for a Resident Visa under the Partnership Category, by a person who meets the requirements set out at F2.5.1;
    • an application for a Resident Visa under the Talent (Accredited Employer) Category, by a person who meets the requirements set out at RW2.1;
    • an application for a Resident Visa by a quota refugee, asylum seeker or protected person under S3.10, or a community organisation sponsored refugee under S4.25;
    • people directly affected by the 2019 Christchurch mosque attacks, as above.


    Anyone not falling in any of the above categories must first obtain a Resident Visa, and may only obtain a Permanent Resident Visa by meeting the requirements set out in RV2.
    Thanks Kelerei for the information,
    I was looking for the second bullet point which is WTR.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Hi everyone,

    Quick question in extension to what has been answered already.
    Waking up the old thread as I have been offered a job where I get paid 80K+9% superannuation, I'm trying to negotiate to make it 82,600 which with the 9% super will make it 90,034.
    My question is that will the 9% super considered a part of the salary or the salary without any extras need to be 90K?
    Just trying my luck to check if I'm eligible to get a Permanent resident visa under section RW2.1

    Thanks in advance :-)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Takapuna
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IT_GUY View Post
    My question is that will the 9% super considered a part of the salary or the salary without any extras need to be 90K?
    No, super contributions are not considered part of your salary.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo View Post
    No, super contributions are not considered part of your salary.
    Thanks, G-Mo, Do you have any idea what is considered a part of the salary and what is not?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Zealand (ex: South Africa)
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IT_GUY View Post
    Thanks, G-Mo, Do you have any idea what is considered a part of the salary and what is not?
    There is a note in RW2 (the immigration instructions concerning the Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa): "For the avoidance of doubt, the minimum base salary excludes employment-related allowances (for example overtime, tool or uniform allowances, medical insurance, accommodation)".

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Hi there,

    Requirements to direct PR for those with base salary earning $90k or more: the Talent Accredited Employer work visa must be applied for before 7 October 2019 when the minimum salary threshold was raised from $55,000 to $79,560.

    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...=residence-NZL

    'If you are earning NZD $90,000 or more and you applied for your Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa before 7 October 2019, we may grant you a permanent resident visa.'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •