Thread: Residency for Partner.

Default Residency for Partner.

Hi Everyone,

I'm about to apply for my partner's residency next month. While I'm aware that I have to submit my partner's police clearance certificate from my home country, I would like to know if I have to submit PCC from my home country too? Can someone explain please.

and I assume NZ police clearance is something I don't have to explicitly apply as such and this will be taken care by Immigration NZ itself. Is that right?

and Upon successful application, my partner will receive "resident" visa and not "permanent resident" visa. She has to live for another 2 years to be eligible for PR. Is that right? or is there a possibility that I can apply for the direct PR for my partner once I become permanent resident ( in Aug 2021 )? Can someone explain please.

Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by cricfor View Post
    I'm about to apply for my partner's residency next month. While I'm aware that I have to submit my partner's police clearance certificate from my home country, I would like to know if I have to submit PCC from my home country too? Can someone explain please.
    You must meet the character requirements for a partner supporting an application under the Partnership Category, as set out in R5.95. Apart from a New Zealand police certificate, which INZ will obtain themselves, you are required to provide a police or similar certificate, less than 6 months old, from any country in which you have lived for 12 months or more (whether on one visit or intermittently) in the last ten years.

Additionally, you must also meet the following requirements, pursuant to F2.10.10(a):

• you must not have acted as a partner in more than one previous successful residence class visa application (see F2.10.10(b)); and
    • you must not have acted as a partner in a successful application for a residence class visa in the five years immediately preceding the date the current application is made; and
    • you cannot have been the perpetrator of an incident of family violence which has resulted in the grant of a resident visa to a person under the category for victims of family violence (see S4.5); and
    • you must not be liable for deportation, or be a person whose deportation liability has been suspended.

and I assume NZ police clearance is something I don't have to explicitly apply as such and this will be taken care by Immigration NZ itself. Is that right?
    Correct. INZ obtains New Zealand police certificates themselves; you will not have to provide one with your application.

and Upon successful application, my partner will receive "resident" visa and not "permanent resident" visa. She has to live for another 2 years to be eligible for PR. Is that right? or is there a possibility that I can apply for the direct PR for my partner once I become permanent resident ( in Aug 2021 )? Can someone explain please.
    Your partner may be granted a Permanent Resident Visa directly, if (and only if) your partner meets the requirements set out in F2.5.1.

If your partner does not meet the requirements set out in F2.5.1, but meets all other requirements of the Partnership Category, your partner may be granted a Resident Visa. To then be granted a Permanent Resident Visa, your partner must then meet the requirements set out in RV2 (in his/her own right, since your partner will be the principal applicant of his/her original Resident Visa application per RV1.20(a) and must therefore be the principal applicant of any application made under RV2, RV3 or RV4).