Thread: Open work visa holder stuck oversea while waiting SMC application to be assigned CO

Default Open work visa holder stuck oversea while waiting SMC application to be assigned CO

Hi All,

I have a similar case to this one https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...411#post594411. But my worse case is that I am now stuck oversea and cannot go back to NZ due to the COVID-19.

I have applied for SMC resident visa as per below timeline when I was in NZ:

16/09/2019 ITA Decision Successful
    05/11/2019 ITA submitted

I am currently working remotely from oversea but my Open work visa will be expired on Aug 2021. So my questions are :

1. My SMC application was submitted onshore but now I am offshore, in this case, will my application be considered as offshore application?
    2. I tried to apply a new work visa from INZ website. However, it looks like there is no option for offshore applicant to apply a new work visa. I am not sure if I am correct on this. If that's true, what should I do next?
    3. Would there be any options for my employer (software company) to assist me applying any new work visa?
    4. Based on the current pace of CO allocation, would it be this April,May that my application got assigned a CO?

Thank you for your time reading this. Your expert advice will be appreciated. If anyone has the same situation, please share your experience and thought on this as well.

Thanks and regards,
    Jilufe

What kind of visa do you hold?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    What kind of visa do you hold?
    Hi JandM,

Thanks for your reply to my post.

I am currently holding Open work visa (Post-study work visa) which will be expired on Aug 2021.

Thank you
    Jilufe