Thread: NSC for Permanent Resident Visa

Default NSC for Permanent Resident Visa

Hi great folks,

I recently submitted Permanent Resident Visa application and INZ asked me to submit national security check form (INZ 1209).
    I have already gone through NSC with my resident visa application.

Is this normal procedure for PRV?

Quote Originally Posted by Kea007 View Post
    Hi great folks,

I recently submitted Permanent Resident Visa application and INZ asked me to submit national security check form (INZ 1209).
    I have already gone through NSC with my resident visa application.

Is this normal procedure for PRV?
    Seems like new procedure, I submitted my PR application last May 2020 and has been approved without requiring the NSC.

The requirements for NSC aren't made a matter of public knowledge in the way that ordinary INZ regulations are, so there's nowhere you can look up and find that you've been asked for this because (whatever reason).

Hi Kea007, the same thing just happened to me as well so might be a new requirement or a nationality-specific new requirement. What country are you from?
    (Just hoping it won't take 7 months as it did for my RV)

Hi Everyone

I have applied for my permanent resident visa and have been asked for the submission of NSC form 1209. Ofcourse i submitted one when i applied for the resident visa application. When i got the copy of old one from my record, i spotted a typo error in date of one of the section. Rest of the details are accurate. Is it an issue? Wonder how should i deal with it in fresh form i am filling now. Any suggestions?

Does the mistaken date have a bearing on anything important, such as your age, or the length of time in a particular job, or country? That might affect how much of an issue it could be.

Hi JandM

The date is related to one of the job so it does effect the length in a way. This job was not part of the experience assessment. so no other documents were provided. Because of this error, the time for this job overlaps with another time frame which is correctly stated in the form. It doesnt have impact on duration of stay in any country.
    Last edited by M.sif; 18th March 2022 at 12:56 PM.

In that case, it's unlikely to be an issue, but having submitted a wrong date just could be nitpicked as dishonest, if it's the authorities who notice the error. However, other people in similar circumstances have put the correct date (or whatever the mistake was) on their new form 1209, and added an apologetic covering note saying that they have just now noticed there was a typo on the original one, and this is the real information, then nobody could accuse them of trying to mislead.

I wasn't required to go through NSC during my RV but inz has requested one for my PRV .

Do they contact the whole govt agency of the countries lived ?