Thread: SAT - processing time?

Default SAT - processing time?

Hello,

So my SMC application is now transferred to SAT. The officer didn't mention what was it that needed checking. I haven't been asked for any national security check stuff (India). Don't have any medical issues, haven't overstayed/ been illegally here. Did my masters in NZ and working as a Quantity surveyor (ANZSCO - 233213, level 1)
    I thought my application was pretty straight forward. Mid Dec, my CO had asked me to confirm if I wanted to include my husband - and I said yes (not living other at the moment as he is in India - arranged marriage - and now stuck due to Covid - so haven't really lived together for long). Could that be the reason for additional checks?

And what is the usual time frame that people have experienced to get an officer in SAT? And for the whole process to be over

Thanks in advance!

One of my friend's application also went to the SAT (Indian Arranged Marriage and they have been living in NZ for 3 years both onsite, took almost 4 months to get approval letters Aug to Dec 2020). It was a priority Queue application (Changed from Non Priority to Priority due to Salary).

Oh! Thanks for that @satty02. Are you able to tell me what approval letter? Is it any doc/ something from India?

Approval letter= residency approval (sorry I should have been more specific).

Hello,
    If anyone is checking around the forum for SAT timeframes (I did that a lot ) , I don't have that. Just the timeframe it took for me -
    It took 3 months in total- after 3 weeks, got a CO, and then asked me for more details - Bachelor certificates and updated CV and additional info form, and then took 5 weeks for verification to be done.