Thread: Regarding the suspension of EOI

Default Regarding the suspension of EOI

Hi
    I hope someone can help me here. As we all know, currently the selection of EOI is suspended although we can still submit an EOI. I have 160 points and working as a Retail Buyer at a new World on $26 an hour.
    If i do sumit my EOI, as per the rules it will expires in 6 months, but does that rule applies while the EOI's are suspended, because if yes then what is the point of submitting EOI.
    When the selection of EOI resumes, lets say it does in July, and the median wage goes to $27 an hour or if immigration changes minimum points to 170 or if anything changes, would that affect my EOI or would my EOI process based on the current requirements?
    There was this thing where if your pay rate was over $38 an hour, you were considered high skilled. Does that thing still applies?
    Thanks
    Raman

Quote Originally Posted by Raman2121 View Post
    If i do sumit my EOI, as per the rules it will expires in 6 months, but does that rule applies while the EOI's are suspended, because if yes then what is the point of submitting EOI.
    Usually, an EOI is indeed current for a period of six months from the date of initial submission to the Pool. However, if no selection of EOIs occurs within that six month period (as is currently the case for a lot of people), the EOI's currency is automatically extended until the first occasion where a selection from the Pool is made. See SM2.1.10.

When the selection of EOI resumes, lets say it does in July, and the median wage goes to $27 an hour or if immigration changes minimum points to 170 or if anything changes, would that affect my EOI or would my EOI process based on the current requirements?
    That depends on whether requirements change before or after your EOI is selected from the Pool. For your application to be approved, one of the requirements is that you qualify on the basis of the criteria to be awarded points that were in place on that date your EOI is selected. See SM3.15(a)(ii).

Also, there's this note in the operational manual: "The requirement at SM3.15(a)(ii) means that where there have been amendments or updates to the requirements setting out how points are awarded between the EOI being selected and the application being made, the requirements in place on the date of selection will be applied. Examples of requirements that may change between the date of selection and application include the occupations on the Long Term Skill Shortage List (Appendix 4) and remuneration thresholds set out in SM6.10 and SM6.60."

There was this thing where if your pay rate was over $38 an hour, you were considered high skilled. Does that thing still applies?
    You haven't quite gotten the requirements right here.

For the purposes of the Skilled Migrant Category, assessment of whether employment is skilled or not is based on the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) which associates skill levels with each occupation (this is despite the fact that ANZSCO is no longer used for Work Visas). INZ uses Version 1.2 of the ANZSCO, which you may find at www.immigration.govt.nz/anzsco.

For occupations that are included in the ANZSCO, INZ will consider your employment skilled if any one of these conditions apply:

• The occupation is at skill level 1, 2, or 3, and the remuneration for that employment is $25.50 per hour or above (or the equivalent annual salary)
    • The occupation is at skill level 4 or 5, and the remuneration for that employment is $38.25 per hour or above (or the equivalent annual salary)
    • The occupation is at skill level 4 or 5, but is an exception listed in Appendix 7 and therefore the remuneration for that employment is $25.50 per hour or above (or the equivalent annual salary)

Additionally, your employment must substantially match the description for that occupation as set out in the ANZSCO, the employment must be full-time, you must be suitably qualified by training and/or experience for that occupation, and INZ must be satisfied that the occupation is genuine, ongoing, and suitable by the employer at the specified level of remuneration.

If your employment does not have a corresponding description in the ANZSCO (and I would imagine this to be a rare scenario, albeit possible), INZ effectively applies the skill level 4 or 5 criteria: remuneration for that employment must be $38.25 per hour or above (or the equivalent annual salary).

SM6.10 defines skilled employment for the purposes of the Skilled Migrant Category.