Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talent Visa questions

Question Talent Visa questions

I was hired with a talent visa on 1st February 2018, it requires me to work for the company for 2 years, and then I can apply for a resident visa.

End of January 2020, I applied for a resident visa and still waiting until now with status awaiting for C/O.

My question is if I'm on maternity leave, will it cause any issue with my "already completed" 2 years of working? (I'm still working with the same company) but I will need to go off for maternity leave this June.

Does anyone have a similar situation with me?

Congratulations on the baby on his/her way!

Being on maternity leave (or other leave agreed with your employer) means you are *still* employed, and therefore is no hindrance to the processing of your residence application.

Thanks for your reply JandM, that's encouraging. However, I will be only paid for my first 4 weeks, then it'll be unpaid leave. Will it still satisfy the INZ for my Talent to Residence visa application?

Yes, it's fine. The important point is that your employer agrees that your job is waiting for you.

That's awesome and a relief to hear, thanks JandM.

Why are you only entitled to 4 weeks paid maternity leave? That is an unusually low amount.

I'm not sure, what's the usual amount of maternity leave?

https://www.govt.nz/browse/work/pare...arental-leave/ The headline on Google to this link states that some are entitled to 26 weeks' parental allowance from the government (besides what the employer pays under your contract) - worth checking out. What you get as paid leave from your employer is an individual matter, depending on the contract you both signed.

Hi JandM,

I am currently on TAE visa which was issued before Oct 2019 ( eligible for direct PR) and in new Zealand since Nov 2019. Because of some personal reasons, I need to visit my home country and can't come back until borders are open. With the hope that NZ will be opening borders by December 2021 atleast, I am planning to take career break for six months. How does this career break effect my eligibility for direct PR application when am back ? will this be counted as continuous employment, though am not paid but I still have the job waiting for me after carreer break?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by akashpadal; 15th March 2021 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by akashpadal View Post
    Hi JandM,

I am currently on TAE visa which was issued before Oct 2019 ( eligible for direct PR) and in new Zealand since Nov 2019. Because of some personal reasons, I need to visit my home country and can't come back until borders are open. With the hope that NZ will be opening borders by December 2021 atleast, I am planning to take career break for six months. How does this career break effect my eligibility for direct PR application when am back ? will this be counted as continuous employment, though am not paid but I still have the job waiting for me after carreer break?

Thanks in advance.
    Not sure if I understand correctly but looks like NZ is now open for temp class visa?

https://www.miq.govt.nz/being-in-man...lders-charges/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast