Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Citizenship Timeline

Congratulations. I think COVID-19 has impacted this process. It looks like it took 10 months to complete!

Quote Originally Posted by My New Zealand View Post
    My Complete Citizenship application timeline:

23/05/2020 - Online application for Citizenship was made.

21/11/2020 - Email from Citizenship Case officer to confirm my contact details

02/12/2020 - Email from Citizenship Office that the application for Citizenship has been approved.

22/02/2021 - Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Auckland's Alert Level 2 restrictions.

01/03/2021 - Received Citizenship certificate by courier

All the best to everyone who is waiting for the news.

Thank you Dank

Application to approval took almost 7 months and then the wait time for Citizenship ceremony is almost 3 months. Unfortunately, due to alert level 2 restrictions in Auckland, citizenship ceremony was cancelled.

Passport was quick - processed in couple of days.

hi guys good day

I rang the citizenship department today to check on any update on my application that was submitted on the 17th Feb and payment was deducted on the 18th Feb

The update I got was they are sending me back my original documents today and they gave me the track and trace number but still no news on my application
    So I start asking here about then why people are saying they got theirs approve within two weeks or 2 months and the officer replied no way that's possible as it take some time to get verification/checks to come back from the country that the applicant comes from

so im now lost interm of what have been posted here and what I have been told on the fone today by the officer

There is an applicant posted on the only member area that he submitted on 07/01/21 and got approved on 12/01/21. How is this possible? I have seen people applying in July 2020 and still wait for CO allocation. Yet there are applicants who got the CO allocated the very next day. Unless they specifically request an urgent application to so they can represent NZ in an international sport event?

Quote Originally Posted by l00k View Post
    There is an applicant posted on the only member area that he submitted on 07/01/21 and got approved on 12/01/21. How is this possible? I have seen people applying in July 2020 and still wait for CO allocation. Yet there are applicants who got the CO allocated the very next day. Unless they specifically request an urgent application to so they can represent NZ in an international sport event?
    Hi l00k good day, you are absolutely correct there untell an unless there are representing NZ in any event or what so ever they might be getting it fast but here on the forum I never heard of anyone said that they got it fast because they are representing nz in any event

so its a tricky one here

I’ve been told the same that there must’ve be an extraordinary circumstances if the applicant got approval within weeks. Something fishy going out there.

Surely there can’t be that many aspiring soon-to-be-Kiwi athletes waiting to compete in this covid-19 enraged world... at least not right now, but we have seen at least a handful of applicants got the approval in 2-3 weeks in this forum.

We know each application is different, but isn’t the waiting time between submission and CO allocation supposed to be on “first come first serve” basis? And it looks like it is not consistently applied right now?

A FYI request by a user named Kay which she mentioned this phenomenon.

https://fyi.org.nz/request/14576-why...p-applications

“The Department is currently looking further into your concerns regarding potential discrepancies in the timeframes for processing citizenship applications. We will advise you of the outcome of this as soon as practicable.”

What would they need from your home country if you haven’t been there in 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Nether111 View Post
    What would they need from your home country if you haven’t been there in 5 years?
    hi Nether111 good day

I dont know what they need, what i was told is that they do cross checking

Hm for your birth certificate perhaps?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast