Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Citizenship Timeline

Default Citizenship Timeline

My Citizenship application timeline:

23/05/2020 - Online application for Citizenship was made.

21/11/2020 - Email from Citizenship Case officer to confirm my contact details

02/12/2020 - Email from Citizenship Office that the application for Citizenship has been approved.

22/02/2021 - Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Auckland's Alert Level 2 restrictions.

Now, wait for 1 to 4 weeks for the Citizenship certificate to arrive by post. Very disappointed with the service and the contact centre with their standard responses.

Congrats!! you almost there...

I applied online on July 20, 2020... after 7 months I haven't received any email yet

Quote Originally Posted by dyego View Post
    Congrats!! you almost there...

I applied online on July 20, 2020... after 7 months I haven't received any email yet
    Thank you dyego.

I reckon Christmas holiday closure would add extra time for processing your application.

All the best and Hope you hear the good news soon.

Just curious what status you are in before you get your nz passport. Are you still a foreign person with a PRV if you go through borders?

Citizenship is not dependent upon holding a NZ passport, but to be recognized as a NZer when travelling, you would need an endorsement in your foreign passport. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ctronic%20only).

A New Zealand citizen cannot hold a New Zealand visa (Section 13 of the Immigration Act 2009), and any previous visa is automatically and immediately cancelled when New Zealand citizenship is granted (E3.40(a)(vii)).

To travel in and out of New Zealand as a New Zealand citizen, one needs either a New Zealand passport or an endorsement of New Zealand citizenship in a foreign passport.

I should point out that the Passport Office does offer an after hours call-out service (if you're prepared to pay $775 for your passport!) or an urgent service ($382, passport processed in up to 3 working days plus delivery time) if a new citizen needs to travel urgently.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 25th February 2021 at 08:08 PM.

More lockdowns, its going to take even more time to process.

Quote Originally Posted by kyozera View Post
    More lockdowns, its going to take even more time to process.
    I can understand that people are eager to get the process over and done with, but, other for those waiting for their residence to come through, it doesn't really make that much of a difference to you daily life? Or am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post
    I can understand that people are eager to get the process over and done with, but, other for those waiting for their residence to come through, it doesn't really make that much of a difference to you daily life? Or am I missing something here?
    No difference at all. Just something to tick out of the way.

My Complete Citizenship application timeline:

23/05/2020 - Online application for Citizenship was made.

21/11/2020 - Email from Citizenship Case officer to confirm my contact details

02/12/2020 - Email from Citizenship Office that the application for Citizenship has been approved.

22/02/2021 - Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Auckland's Alert Level 2 restrictions.

01/03/2021 - Received Citizenship certificate by courier

All the best to everyone who is waiting for the news.
    Last edited by My New Zealand; 1st March 2021 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Added additional text

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast