Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa

Default Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa

Hi There,
    I am an NZ Resident and I got married in Jan 2021.
    Now I am wanting to apply for the CAMVV for my partner who lives in India. I have a few questions:
    1. When I check the INZ website, it says "Temporary visa applications from outside New Zealand are currently suspended, unless you are exempt." - However, CAMVV needs to be applied within 3 months of the wedding. So, the suspension is not lifted, how am I supposed to apply?

2. This question is a big one and maybe a little confusing....so please bear with me :/
    a. When I proceed to apply, it says "If you need to submit a request for an exception, use the Border Exceptions Request (Individual) form on the INZ website to first request permission to travel to New Zealand......."
    b. And then in the next paragraph, it says "If you are applying for a visa based on your relationship with a New Zealand citizen or resident, you do not need to request permission to travel to New Zealand before applying." - So, based on 'a' and 'b', I would like to assume that I don't need to apply for an extension?
    c. When I further proceed to apply, it asks for ITA Number "If you are not already in New Zealand, enter your Invitation to Apply (ITA) reference number from your Border Exception Request here". Now again, there is a yellow box that says "If you are not already in New Zealand or a Safe Travel Zone and you have not been invited to apply for a visa, use the Border Exceptions Request (Individual) form on the INZ website to first request permission to travel to New Zealand. If you are seeking to come to New Zealand to work, your employer must make this request for you. You should not submit a visa application until this has been approved. If you submit your visa application before you have requested permission to travel to New Zealand, your application will not be processed or may be declined."

So, I am super confused!!
    1. Are the CAMVV open?
    2. If no, then how am I supposed to apply for this within 3 months of the wedding?
    3. If they are open, then do I need to request a border exception?

Will appreciate any help in this matter.

You can apply for a CAM Visitor Visa:
    "We will process relationship-based visas for partners and dependent children of New Zealand citizens and residents. Relationship-based visas are:
    - Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa"
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...y-requirements

So you just need to ensure that you meet the relevant criteria and lodge your application on time.

Thank you, DownSouth. I missed that quote at the first pass. It's under the heading Visa Processing Information.

If you two are travelling together she can be granted CPVV. Critical Purpose Visitor Visa. Make sure you do apply for an exemptions just in case & mention in there that you’re living together & travelling together back to NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by heart_prince34 View Post
    If you two are travelling together she can be granted CPVV. Critical Purpose Visitor Visa. Make sure you do apply for an exemptions just in case & mention in there that you’re living together & travelling together back to NZ.
    Hi Heart Prince,
    Yup.... I've read that as well. What if I am already here and she wants to travel alone?
    There are so many conflicting information on the immigration website.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth View Post
    You can apply for a CAM Visitor Visa:
    "We will process relationship-based visas for partners and dependent children of New Zealand citizens and residents. Relationship-based visas are:
    - Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa"
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...y-requirements

So you just need to ensure that you meet the relevant criteria and lodge your application on time.
    Thanks DownSouth,
    I would like to assume this is as simple as it seems. (Not bothered about providing the evidence)
    There are so many conflicting information on INZ website.

As mentioned by @heart_prince34, i've also read that my partner will only be eligible for a Visa if she is travelling with me. The question is, what happens if she needs to travel alone to join me here?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by NZ029 View Post
    Hi Heart Prince,
    Yup.... I've read that as well. What if I am already here and she wants to travel alone?
    There are so many conflicting information on the immigration website.
    Thanks
    I dont think she can travel by herself if shes travelling for the first time into New Zealand. She must be accompanied by a NZ Citizen or PR.

I dont think she can travel by herself if shes travelling for the first time into New Zealand. She must be accompanied by a NZ Citizen or PR.
    same thoughts, for that you need to apply for border exemption on the humanitarian ground or whatever you want and if they approve that request then only she can travel, and to be honest, chances are really slim for that.

If her application for a partnership-based visa is approved, it is a 'relationship based visa' so she can travel alone and on her CAM visa (see "Who can come to NZ without requesting to travel" here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...y-requirements). The only other realistic option is the Critical Purpose Visitor Visa and yes, you would need to be travelling together for that and it would be a fairly difficult application to make, as I assume you haven't lived together for very long. Obviously it is also higher risk because you would have to travel to her country and then submit your request to travel, which could well be declined.

Im pretty sure those were the rules when it was level 4 lockdown and borders were closed completely for all visitors and only opened to citizens and residents. I was playing close attention as i have family who wanted to bring a partner and i can say They updated the rules on the website and now anyone with a partner visa are able to enter alone without applying for exemption

And yes they are processing CAM visas. I know someone whose visa was approved in January. They however applied Feb 2020 (within 3 months after getting married). When it was assigned to CO it got processed very fast. The nz partner is in nz since feb 2020 and overseas partner is due to arrive soon. They wouldn’t issue visas if the person cant travel alone

Always a good idea to check anyway with officials

PS I have a thread with some questions on behalf of someone else who applied for the CAM visa the same way you are so you can check it out.
    Last edited by lovelife95; 10th March 2021 at 12:29 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast