Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa

Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth View Post
    If her application for a partnership-based visa is approved, it is a 'relationship based visa' so she can travel alone and on her CAM visa (see "Who can come to NZ without requesting to travel" here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...y-requirements). The only other realistic option is the Critical Purpose Visitor Visa and yes, you would need to be travelling together for that and it would be a fairly difficult application to make, as I assume you haven't lived together for very long. Obviously it is also higher risk because you would have to travel to her country and then submit your request to travel, which could well be declined.

Read the section “ Family members of New Zealand citizens or residents who do not hold relationship-based visas“ under “partners and family” :

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...to-new-zealand

I hope i am interpreting it correctly:

If you are from visa waiver country or Australian citizen etc then you dont need a VISA but need to apply for exemption to travel

If your partner is from non visa waiver country, which includes india, they either need a partner visa to travel alone OR you can “request to travel” but you, the nz partner must travel with him/her. You will need to do the following when you request to travel:

the description of your partnership, including details of any previous shared living arrangements
    any supporting documentation demonstrating your partnership (including marriage certificate, joint tenancy agreement or joint bank account)
    confirmation of your identity, your partner’s identity, and any dependents included in your Request to Travel
    recent travel movements of you and your partner
    evidence your New Zealand partner supports your Request to Travel to New Zealand.

However this doesn’t apply to your situation currently as you are living apart so please consider which option is best for you

Hi All,
    Sharing a piece of good news.
    My partner has been granted a Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa.
    Timeline:
    Application Date - 28th March 2021
    Visa Granted - 15th July 2021

Thanks, JandM and everyone for your help and guidance

Now, I have more questions that i will ask separately.

Now I have a few questions if someone in the forum can please share their experience

Scenario: She is currently in India and has 9 months to travel to NZ. We are not in a rush, so we will see if the border situation changes in the next 2 months.

Assuming the border situation remains the same, is she eligible to enter NZ?
    Currently, NZ Citizens and their partners can travel from India to NZ without many problems. And, residents can travel to NZ after spending 14 or more days in a green zone country.

1. Can she travel alone on her visa?
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...to-new-zealand says
    1.jpg
    2. So, is she only allowed to travel if she is travelling with me?
    3. This article is about the partners who do not hold a visa based on the partnership. Is CAMVV considered as a visa based on the Partnership?
    4. Does she need to "request for travel"?

I called INZ and haven't got any convincing response. It sounded like the operator was not too clear on the instructions.
    I would love to email INZ and get everything in writing, but can't seem to find an email address where I can contact them.

Thanks

Y3.30 is the immigration instruction dealing with who may be granted entry permission during the COVID-19 pandemic. Y3.30(a)(ii) specifically deals with partners, and I'll quote it word for word:

The partner, legal guardian or any dependent children of a New Zealand citizen or a New Zealand residence class visa holder listed at Y3.10(a) who:
    • are travelling with that New Zealand citizen or residence class visa holder; or
    • are ordinarily resident in New Zealand; or
    • have a visa based on their relationship to the New Zealand citizen or residence class visa holder.

The third clause would apply to the holder of a Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa -- but, of course, subject to your partner not being in a very high risk country in the preceding 14 days. No need for a request for travel, as your partner has been granted a visa based on a relationship to a New Zealand citizen or resident (have a look at this page, under "Who can come to New Zealand without requesting to travel").

I suggest you act now in terms of making travel arrangements: MIQ was booked up to the end of November when I checked last week.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 21st July 2021 at 09:07 AM.

This was very helpful Kelerei.
    I am on it. MIQ spots (between now and November) do pop up sometimes, but that gets taken in less than 2 seconds (dodgy eh?).
    I am trying for the last 3 days but no luck so far.

MIQ Booked. It took me 48 hours and 97 misses to finally beat the bots.
    One hell of a process.....!

Can a partner of NZ citizen travel to NZ directly from a high risk country without spending 14 days out of high rish country. holding Culturally arrange marriage visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz77 View Post
    Can a partner of NZ citizen travel to NZ directly from a high risk country without spending 14 days out of high rish country. holding Culturally arrange marriage visa.
    Yes. New Zealand citizens and their immediate family members remain eligible for entry to New Zealand if travelling from a high risk country, and the Government defines "immediate family member" in this context as partners and dependent children of New Zealand citizens, or parents of dependent children who are New Zealand citizens. See further information here and here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Yes. New Zealand citizens and their immediate family members remain eligible for entry to New Zealand if travelling from a high risk country, and the Government defines "immediate family member" in this context as partners and dependent children of New Zealand citizens, or parents of dependent children who are New Zealand citizens. See further information here and here.

Thank you so much for reply. is that only if NZ citizen traveling with them or the partner can travel straight on her own to nz . much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz77 View Post
    Thank you so much for reply. is that only if NZ citizen traveling with them or the partner can travel straight on her own to nz . much appreciated
    There's no information on this either way on either of the authoritative sources I posted earlier -- perhaps contact INZ and ask them?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast