Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline

Massive increase in application? It has always been around 3,000 a month even before covid-19

2017: 36,450

2018: 35,737

2019: 31,030

2020: 20,434

Hi guys good day

Does anyone here knows which month application are they currently processing now?

Quote Originally Posted by catash View Post
    Does anyone here knows which month application are they currently processing now?
    I don't know exactly, but my friend who applied online at the end of September 2020 was assigned a case worker on 2 August 2021.

Friend who applied online around July 2020 now approved for citizenship

Iím guessing citizenship by birth applications - people who never planned to get their citizenship sorted but who now see the benefit of living on an island at the bottom of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nether111 View Post
    I’m guessing citizenship by birth applications - people who never planned to get their citizenship sorted but who now see the benefit of living on an island at the bottom of the world.
    Citizenship by birth is determined at the time that the birth is registered -- I'm guessing you meant citizenship by descent? In any case, it's a relatively simple process for one to register this (as one only needs to prove one's parentage to the Department of Internal Affairs), and wouldn't hold up applications for citizenship by grant in any meaningful way.

Citizens by descent can change their status to that of a citizen by grant (in order to allow them to pass on NZ citizenship to children born outside NZ), but they must meet the same requirements as anyone else applying for citizenship by grant, so any Covid-related influx of this will only present itself in the next 4-5 years.

Hi guys good day

Best option is to send an annonymized request on FYI.ORG.NZ

There are many previous requests and responses that provide an insight into the procedures and working of highly inefficient dept.

Hi guys good day

My partner applied back in early Oct 2020 and was only assigned a case officer last week. The timeframe they're currently quoting is 9-14 months. Hope that helps!

It would be great if you can update us on how it progresses?

Hello guys
    Iím about to apply for citizenship for me and 2 children. They will be secondary applicant. Do you know if it is ok for the application still being processed and they go oversea ? Do they need to be here or itís ok to stay oversea as long as Iím - the main applicant- retain in Nz

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast