Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline

Hey guys,

I received my citizenship approval in May, 2021, but haven't received any communication on ceremony yet. Is this expected? Anyone know whom to contact to enquire where we fit in citizenship ceremony queue?

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sham88 View Post
    I received my citizenship approval in May, 2021, but haven't received any communication on ceremony yet. Is this expected? Anyone know whom to contact to enquire where we fit in citizenship ceremony queue?
    That's quite normal: one usually only hears about their citizenship ceremony within 3-5 months, and is notified 4 weeks prior. There's no definite answer that can be given, because local councils host ceremonies, so it depends on how many people are awaiting a ceremony in your local area. You should, however, contact the Department of Internal Affairs with any queries pertaining to ceremony allocations, and not your local council. You can contact the citizenship ceremonies team by emailing citizenshipceremonies@dia.govt.nz or dialling 0800 22 51 51.

In saying that, it is almost certain that the requirement for you to attend a ceremony will be waived due to the current Covid-19 alert level (due to restrictions on mass gatherings, this is pretty much guaranteed under Level 3 and higher, which is the current situation!). If this happens, the Department of Internal Affairs will contact you to confirm your address, and then send your citizenship certificate via courier. This may take time though, as Wellington is operating with reduced staff due to the current Covid-19 situation.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 30th August 2021 at 05:30 PM. Reason: provided contact details for the citizenship ceremonies team

Thanks Kelerie, much appreciated. The contact centre seems to be closed now due to level 4 - I'll try again when they are level 3. Such a relief that this is normal - and my allocation has not got lost somewhere .

Thanks Kelerie, much appreciated. The contact centre seems to be closed now due to level 4 - I'll try again when they are level 3. Such a relief that this is normal - and my allocation has not got lost somewhere .
    I'm in the exactly same situation. I called DIA a week before the lockdown has started and they said I was meant to get an invite until the end of September but they could not share when the ceremonies are.
    I'm in AKL. Looking how things are going, I believe that most likely we won't have a ceremony and will receive the certificate by mail.

Hey guys,

Many thanks.
    Hi sham88,

When did you lodge your application?

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay, I lodged my application in-person in January this year.

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay, I lodged my application in-person in January this year.
    Many thanks sham88.

I can apply citizenship on 25th of october. Should i apply online or in person? If in person when would i be able to take appointment?

Quote Originally Posted by rymon333 View Post
    I can apply citizenship on 25th of october. Should i apply online or in person? If in person when would i be able to take appointment?
    Whether you apply online or in person is entirely up to you.

If you do choose to apply in person, there are 4 offices available: Auckland, Manukau, Wellington, and Christchurch. Appointments are mandatory at them all.

Thank you

Can i take appointment before time spent in NZ condition is met?that condition will met on 25 of october? Thanks

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast