Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by MajorLiggs View Post
    Not sure what your issue is. I stated the updated and gave my opinion. We're all aware of Covid, but Covid isn't an excuse to not hold the Government accountable or prevent me from having an opinion or feel disappointment. The whole process is incredibly bureaucratic and the goal posts have shifted, yet again.

And there's plenty of alternatives for the ceremony. A friend has a Zoom ceremony in Australia. It took days to happen, not 4 months. Two years of this pandemic so far. We need to adapt.
    I donít understand why the department canít work from home on the online applications. I work in a very privacy sensitive industry and no issues for us. Just lock your screen when youíre away from your desk. They probably just have extremely outdated systems.

Latest update: they are now processing Nov-2020 applications (effectively 11 months just for allocation of an officer)

Specifically the queue of unprocessed application is as follows:

p- paper applications
    o- online applications

Oct-2020: 56p, 6o
    Nov-2020: 272p, 423o
    Dec-2020: 436p, 1033o
    Jan-2021: 831p, 1819o
    Feb-2021: 919p, 1582o
    Mar-2021: 1151p, 1758o
    Apr-2021: 615p, 1803o
    May-2021: 1083p, 2335o
    Jun-2021: 762p, 2426o
    Jul-2021: 330p, 2243o
    Aug-2021: 888p, 2341o
    Sep-2021: 1060p, 2213o

Total in queue - 8403p, 19984o

The reasons for delay had been repeated again and again. Months and months and no improvement. This OIA for that guy Daniel isn’t to the point, many parts of the answers are mostly waffle and rambling around.

https://fyi.org.nz/request/16671-cit...incoming-64176

They've updated this page again today - https://www.govt.nz/browse/passports...on-timeframes/

Seems to include more information on the backlog, what month is being processed and what they're doing about it. Basically what they OIAs say.

Hi Aron good day
    Can i please know where did you submitted your application? isit christchurch?... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catash View Post
    Hi Aron good day
    Can i please know where did you submitted your application? isit christchurch?... thanks
    Hi, yes in chch. Waiting for ceremony here

My attention has just been drawn to an argument/upheaval that had developed on this thread. This forum exists for people to help one another by sharing information. We don't expect everyone to agree all the time, but if disagreements happen, bear in mind why we're here, and don't post in anger. "Light, not heat." I have unapproved some posts for the time being, to give me time to consider things when it's not the middle of the night in my time-zone.

Meantime, I want to draw everyone's attention to the forum Rules. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40236 See rules 4, 5 and 13.
    4. This is a family oriented forum. Please keep language civil and avoid personal insults/attacks, racism, offensive material, and trolling.

5. Political or religious discussions must be carried out thoughtfully, with respect for other posters' ideas, and be relevant to life in New Zealand, immigration, or reasons for leaving your own country. Don't bash politicians, political parties, or religions and don't form political/religious social groups.

13. If you believe a post breaks any of these terms of use, please use the "report post" button at the bottom of the post to report it to the moderator team. Do not try to deal with the matter yourself by arguing with the person who made the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Aron View Post
    Hi, yes in chch. Waiting for ceremony here
    thanks Aron we applied on feb 17th @ christchurch,,, so i think not too far away hopefully before christmas

Yes, shouldn't be too far��. I got the first email a month ago to confirm details, and last week received the email with the outcome. I applied online.

Quote Originally Posted by catash View Post
    thanks Aron we applied on feb 17th @ christchurch,,, so i think not too far away hopefully before christmas
    Update: got the email about the citizenship certificate being mailed to my address as they're not holding ceremonies at the moment. It was a lot faster than expected

Quote Originally Posted by Aron View Post
    Update: got the email about the citizenship certificate being mailed to my address as they're not holding ceremonies at the moment. It was a lot faster than expected
    Congratulations Aron! That must be a relief.

edit: When did you apply Aron? Your comment must have been deleted. Cheers

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast