Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by cheeryking View Post
    using the example given, that's not a total of 5 years. I think a lot of people on this forum are still confused and we continue to get questions.

Is it 5th year anniversary people can apply or 4 years and 8 months using the example above? (provided each year block of 240 days is met)

or could the period 1 and period 5 swapped? so it's 8 months closest to the application date and full 4 years backward?
    The example meets the legal requirement of Section 8(2)(b), where one must be present in New Zealand:

• for a minimum of 1,350 days during the 5 years immediately preceding the date of the application, and
    • for at least 240 days in each of those 5 years, and
    • all being days during which the applicant was entitled in terms of the Immigration Act 2009 to be in New Zealand indefinitely.

Any other method of calculation is not aligned with the legal requirement, and may lead to a declined application. Specifically, counting forwards from the first day of residency is, and always has been, incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    The example meets the legal requirement of Section 8(2)(b), where one must be present in New Zealand:

• for a minimum of 1,350 days during the 5 years immediately preceding the date of the application, and
    • for at least 240 days in each of those 5 years, and
    • all being days during which the applicant was entitled in terms of the Immigration Act 2009 to be in New Zealand indefinitely.

Any other method of calculation is not aligned with the legal requirement, and may lead to a declined application. Specifically, counting forwards from the first day of residency is, and always has been, incorrect.
    They certainly *should* be calculating it from the time of processing, not application, given we are 12 months between the two at the moment

hi guys good day
    any update on application for citizenship submitted in christchurch in february 2021? anyone?
    thanks

Applied January 7th, 2021 in person in AKL & yet to be assigned to a case officer. I’ve sent an email asking them for an update & the reply I received was it’s taking 14 months now.

As as at 4 November 2021, the oldest paper application waiting to be allocated to a staff member for processing was from 4 December 2020, and the oldest online application waiting to be allocated for processing was from 6 January 2021.

For the paper application only: Currently there are 17 case officers working Wellington, 1 in Auckland and 0 in Christchurch.

https://fyi.org.nz/request/16664/res...pendix%20A.pdf

I really hope they are gunning through it now. The DIA career website does have a listing for more LISO positions.

http://dia.hosting.staffcv.com/job/0...ngton-city-nz/

They probably need the extra staff to respond to all the OIA requests 😂

For the paper application only: Currently there are 17 case officers working Wellington, 1 in Auckland and 0 in Christchurch.

So I wonder where they are sending the paper applications from Christchurch? Wellington, where there are the most COs?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKiwi View Post

So I wonder where they are sending the paper applications from Christchurch? Wellington, where there are the most COs?
    I assume so. Now paper applications are scanned and input into the new system as well, so staff members at the Wellington office can process the whole country’s application backlog.

I haven’t seen any other OIA available so far, but a guy with username AKL0001 (on Geekzone forum) posted that he received an email to confirm details yesterday. He applied in early Jan 2021, in person, at Manukau office.

Ironically you also found another guy, posted on this ENZ forum (on the member only area) applied in person on the same day, and was approved on 12/01/2021 (5 days). So 2 guys, one waited 11 months and one waited 5 days. This is not to compare the actual processing time, this is just to compare the “waiting to be allocated” time. Sounds like a lotto?

Timeline update-
    Applied online - 18/01/2021
    Today - 24/11/2021 received an email to confirm my details ..

So bit over 10 months.

stardust_ good day

was you application paper application? where did you submitted it ? was it to christchurch?

thanks

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 LastLast