Thread: Australia Transit Visa

Default Australia Transit Visa

Hi Everyone,

As everyone knows the MIQ restrictions are easing off from the 13th of Feb and we are planning to book our flight overseas but we have to transit through Australia.
    I know being a Permanent resident of NZ, I need to get a Transit visa for Australia.

Just checking if I need to book the ticket in advance to apply for a transit visa or I can apply without the booked ticket?

Thank you.

Harry

Looking at the Australian Immigration website, I found the information page https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...nsit-771#HowTo about their Transit Visa (Subclass 771), and on the Step By Step tab, the heading Gather Your Documents has this:

Other documents

Provide:

your plans while in Australia
    confirmation of booking from Australia to another country within 72 hours of arrival. This can be in the form of a ticket
    evidence that you can enter the other country, such as a visa
    It looks to me as though having a ticket to show would be the easiest way to prove that you are going on from Australia. If in doubt, in your place I would contact Australian Immigration to ask.

Confirmed flight ticket is a must for Australian Transit visa.

Also, check if you are eligible to transit without a visa.

I just went and accessed my Australian Transit Visa application from a few years back. This is what I was asked for -- it should go without saying that you may not be asked to provide the same evidence that I was.

Documentation to Enter Destination Country, Evidence of

Provide evidence that you hold the correct documentation to enter a third country after transiting Australia. For example, if you are transiting Australia to travel to New Zealand, provide evidence that you can lawfully enter New Zealand.

Documents may include:

• visa documentation, such as a visa label or grant notification
    • a current passport from the third country
    • information regarding your eligibility to obtain a visa on arrival in the third country.

Travel Document

Provide evidence of your travel document. This may include a certified copy of the personal particulars/photo (bio-data) page. This is the page of the passport which shows the name and date of birth, passport number, issue and expiry date, and photograph of the holder.

If you do not have a passport and are not able to obtain one, please provide a certified copy of your Document for Travel to Australia (DFTTA) or a Titre de Voyage (Convention Travel Document).

National Identity Document (other than Passport)

Provide a certified copy of your national identity card/s (other than your passport). You must provide a copy of both sides of each card.

Travel history, Evidence of

Provide evidence of past travel. This should be a certified copy of all of the pages of your current passport showing all entry and exit stamps from other countries. Also provide a certified copy of all pages of your expired passport if available.

Evidence of current employment or self-employment

Provide evidence of current employment.

This could include a letter from your employer stating your current role or a copy of your employment contract.

If you are applying for a Visitor visa, you can also include payslips and confirmation from your employer that you have approved leave.

If you are self employed, provide evidence of your business licence or registration and any other supporting documentation you have to demonstrate your role.

Onward Booking from Australia, Evidence of

Provide details of your planned travel through Australia. This must include a confirmed onward booking to a third country within 72 hours of your arrival in Australia.

Visa for country of residence (and right to return)

Provide evidence of your visa or residence status in your country of residence, including your right to return.

Photograph - Passport

Provide a recent passport photograph (45mm x 35mm). This should be of the head and shoulders only, and should show the person facing the camera, against a plain background and must be less than six months old. Print the name of the person on the back of the photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Also, check if you are eligible to transit without a visa.
    He is an Indian passport holder with a Permanent Resident Visa. Indian nationals do require a visa.