Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by kyozera View Post
    Application: 27/07/2020
    CO Assigned: 26/03/2021
    Detail confirmation: 04/05/2021

22/09:

I am writing to you regarding the Citizenship Ceremony on 4 October 2021 which you were to be invited to.

As you are aware Auckland is at Alert Level 3 with an announcement due on the 4th of October. As the council can only run ceremonies at Alert Level 1 they have unfortunately decided to cancel this ceremony.

Where ceremonies are cancelled due to COVID, candidates will become citizens on the date their ceremony was due to take place with no requirement to attend a ceremony.

The certificate will be couriered to you, which could take up to 4 weeks from the date your ceremony was due to take place.

If your mailing address has changed could you please let us know by replying to this email including your full name, reference number (if known) and new address.

It's over for me guys. Cheers
    Congratulations!

So it took 1 year, 2 months and 1 week altogether for you (434 days).

22/09:

I am writing to you regarding the Citizenship Ceremony on 4 October 2021 which you were to be invited to.

As you are aware Auckland is at Alert Level 3 with an announcement due on the 4th of October. As the council can only run ceremonies at Alert Level 1 they have unfortunately decided to cancel this ceremony.

Where ceremonies are cancelled due to COVID, candidates will become citizens on the date their ceremony was due to take place with no requirement to attend a ceremony.

The certificate will be couriered to you, which could take up to 4 weeks from the date your ceremony was due to take place.

If your mailing address has changed could you please let us know by replying to this email including your full name, reference number (if known) and new address.

Congratulations!

You'd think they'd just begin citizenship effectively immediately and post the certificate up to 4 weeks from now, rather than sticking on a longer wait for no reason.
    Last edited by MajorLiggs; 22nd September 2021 at 03:44 PM. Reason: spelling

22/09:

For what it's worth, folks in Upper Hutt are probably also going to have their citizenship ceremony requirement waived for the foreseeable future. The usuall citizenship ceremony venue (Whirinaki Whare Taonga) has been repurposed as a Covid-19 vaccination centre.

No need to guess what I was doing there today...
    Last edited by Kelerei; 22nd September 2021 at 09:04 PM.

22/09:

Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by l00k View Post
    The DIA just added another section on the govt website.

Application timeframes
    Application allocated to a case officer: 10 to 11 months
    Outcome of application: 1 to 2 months
    Allocation to a ceremony: 2 to 3 months

https://www.govt.nz/browse/passports...on-timeframes/
    Thank you for sharing this 100k.

According to my own calculations I’m an eligible for citizenship at the end of the month. I just checked the presence calculator again and it says (not unexpectedly) “you don’t currently meet the presence requirement”

However below that it says “check again in October 2021”. Has anyone ever seen that before? I can’t recall it coming up previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Nether111 View Post
    According to my own calculations I’m an eligible for citizenship at the end of the month. I just checked the presence calculator again and it says (not unexpectedly) “you don’t currently meet the presence requirement”

However below that it says “check again in October 2021”. Has anyone ever seen that before? I can’t recall it coming up previously.
    When I tried the calculator just said they didn't have my data, please contact INZ for a travel movement records... Partly I think because my passport is old and not a biometric one.

I obtained the records myself and manually calculated.

I think their calculator is far from perfect, so a manual validation would put your minds at ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Nether111 View Post

Mine also began saying “check again in October 2021” a couple of weeks ago. I think it's an automatic response to be honest, like if not today then try next month.

Right, thanks! A bit random.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast