Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by rymon333 View Post
    Can i take appointment before time spent in NZ condition is met?that condition will met on 25 of october? Thanks
    Yes, if you want your application to be declined.

Presence is calculated from the date a completed application is received by the Department, together with the required fee. For the avoidance of doubt, the date for applications made online is the date the application is received in Wellington.

I recommend that you do not make arrangements for an in-person appointment until you meet all requirements.

Kelerei is quite right.

Think about it. Any application to the NZ government is a legal document. When you sign and submit it, you are guaranteeing that everything in it is the truth - IS the truth, right then that minute. You can't claim for some time in the future. Even if you have honest intentions that it WILL be true, you can't tell that some incident that you can't foresee will stop you from fulfilling the commitment. That is why INZ and the Ministry won't accept anything ahead of someone actually having met all the conditions.

Thank you

Can i take appointment before time spent in NZ condition is met?that condition will met on 25 of october? Thanks
    I applied in person. The first thing they did at my appointment was check if I had met my time in NZ requirement. If I had not, they would not have accepted my application.

As others have mentioned, if you apply online before you are eligible, they will decline your application if the date you submitted it is before your time in NZ requirement is met.

Thank you everyone. My question is related to appointment making..obviously i will select a time to meet them once my required timeline is met. My question is ..can i call them now to make apponitment on 25th of october?25th of october is the date, my contion will met to get citizenship..

I am asking this question because someone mentioned that you cant even "book" an appointment unless you meet the requirement to get citizenship?is this true

I am asking this question because someone mentioned that you cant even "book" an appointment unless you meet the requirement to get citizenship?is this true
    When I phoned to book my appointment, I was asked if I met the requirements for citizenship. I did, so I don't know what they would have done if I had answered otherwise.

I would suggest phoning and giving it a go. Tell them you would like to book an appointment after 25 October, and go from there. At worst, all they'll do is ask you to phone back at a later date.

Just a word of caution: the wait time is LONG when you phone. I had to ring twice: once to schedule, and a second time to reschedule. Both times I waited over 90 minutes.

I should also briefly mention that, at the moment, you won't be able to book an appointment at the Auckland public counter, for reasons that should be fairly obvious! The Manukau public counter will remain unavailable even after Covid restrictions are lifted as the Manukau office is moving locations; the location and opening hours of the new Manukau office remains unconfirmed at this time. If you're in Auckland, you'll have to wait for Level 2... which I reckon is still a while away.

The Wellington and Christchurch public counters are reopening today.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 13th September 2021 at 09:37 AM.

thank you @thenewkiwi

thank you Kelerei

let us know when you guys get some good news

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    I should also briefly mention that, at the moment, you won't be able to book an appointment at the Auckland public counter, for reasons that should be fairly obvious! The Manukau public counter will remain unavailable even after Covid restrictions are lifted as the Manukau office is moving locations; the location and opening hours of the new Manukau office remains unconfirmed at this time. If you're in Auckland, you'll have to wait for Level 2... which I reckon is still a while away.
    The Wellington and Christchurch public counters are reopening today.
    Thanks Kelerei for sharing this.

Hi anyone submitted their application in christchurch and has any update??
    we submited our on the 17th feb 2021 and still no news

thanks

hi guys i also rang the department and waited for 35 minutes to speak to someone
    still same story max 14 month
    i event ask christchurch is currently processing application receive in which month and she answered thats not for me to know PHewwww

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast