Page 1 of 24 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 249

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    62

    Default Latest Citizenship Timeline

    Anyone received their citizenship recently? Please post your timeline

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Zealand (ex: South Africa)
    Posts
    864

    Default

    See the existing thread here.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Anyone who applied in Jan/Feb 2021 has any updates?

    I applied in person in early/mid Feb 2021 and have absolutely no updates. No acknowledgement, no email, no letter. I have nothing to relate to my application. The contact centre basically just answered 7-12 months for every question asked.

    An official information request on FYI by a resident named Jeannette shows the number of applications received to be quite consistent at around 35,000 a year. However, the number of approvals have become much slower gradually.

    2018: 32,288 approvals, 27 working days on average to process.

    2019: 31,717 approvals, 38 working days on average to process.

    2020: 20,492 approvals, 90 working days on average to process.

    Jan-2021: only 819 approvals, 127 working days on average to process.

    Not sure whatís going on at the moment.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by l00k View Post
    Anyone who applied in Jan/Feb 2021 has any updates?

    I applied in person in early/mid Feb 2021 and have absolutely no updates. No acknowledgement, no email, no letter. I have nothing to relate to my application. The contact centre basically just answered 7-12 months for every question asked.

    An official information request on FYI by a resident named Jeannette shows the number of applications received to be quite consistent at around 35,000 a year. However, the number of approvals have become much slower gradually.

    2018: 32,288 approvals, 27 working days on average to process.

    2019: 31,717 approvals, 38 working days on average to process.

    2020: 20,492 approvals, 90 working days on average to process.

    Jan-2021: only 819 approvals, 127 working days on average to process.

    Not sure what’s going on at the moment.



    How they calculated 2021 data? It’s hardly 67 days so far into the new year! How come they said 127 days of processing time?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    62

    Default

    I’m in the same boat. Applied 7 Jan 2021, in person. No communication from the office so far.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart_prince34 View Post
    Iím in the same boat. Applied 7 Jan 2021, in person. No communication from the office so far.
    Hi, sorry for asking... but I will be asking a recurring question.... how did you calculate your time in NZ? Do we have a tool? can we request this info? Any help will be appreciated

    Thank you

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    PH
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YessicaCBO View Post
    Hi, sorry for asking... but I will be asking a recurring question.... how did you calculate your time in NZ? Do we have a tool? can we request this info? Any help will be appreciated

    Thank you


    You may use this , https://dia.services.govt.nz/presence-calculator/
    Last edited by TheNZdreamer; 17th March 2021 at 11:30 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNZdreamer View Post
    This is awesome! thank you

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNZdreamer View Post
    would have been great if the calculator tell us a bit more information such as how many more days till the presence requirement is met...etc. Currently just a yes or no.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Agreed!

Page 1 of 24 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •