Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline

Latest update from OIA for a guy named Nick Sampson:

As at 19 August 2020, the Department is working on citizenship by grant
    applications that were received in mid to late October 2020.

Considering the lockdown since then the queue probably wouldn't move so much. Therefore I would safely assume they are still processing Oct-2020 applications.

https://fyi.org.nz/request/16223/res...20response.pdf

Love your work l00k.

I'm hoping that means we're at peak processing time, and we'll start to see times fall. Or at least stagnate.

I've half a mind to give up and just move back to the motherland. NZ forever moves the goalposts (this, housing, costs, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by MajorLiggs View Post
    Love your work l00k.

I'm hoping that means we're at peak processing time, and we'll start to see times fall. Or at least stagnate.

I've half a mind to give up and just move back to the motherland. NZ forever moves the goalposts (this, housing, costs, etc.).
    I'm not actually the guy who asked DIA these questions Just collecting info as it is publicly available.

We never know if it is the peak or not. Just like Covid-19. The peak today may be the bottom tomorrow.

Not to spread FUD as this is not verified information, but an user on Geekzone forum who applied in Oct-2020 just said:

UPDATE: Sadly its not good news for us waiting but I thought I'd post an update for those who are perhaps eagerly waiting like I am.

Applied online: 23 Oct 2020

Email from case officer to verify details: 24 Aug 2021 (10 months and 1 day after application)

Note: my application is a standard one, nothing unusual or out of the ordinary.
    Today I followed up with my case officer on what the status is of my application since its been almost 11 months since my application was submitted online. I have now been told that my application is being processed and the processing time will be an additional 6-8 months (from the time it is picked up by a case officer)! I emailed back to double check she didn't mean 6-8 weeks? I also highlighted that the time frame that was advised at the time of my application was 5-10months and asked her to confirm if she was in fact stating that the total timeframe (application to outcome) is now 16-18 MONTHS, to which she responded saying the processing timelines have been impacted by a significant number of current applications and alert level changes. She added that the time frames previously advised by contact centre staff were correct at the time, but are now out of date and have increased.

The information I received today from the DIA is not consistent with what people have posted on this forum in regard to how long it takes after a case officer picks up your file. And the time frame is not consistent with what's currently listed on the DIA website (9-14months) So I REALLY hope she's not right!

https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.as...345&page_no=12

Quote Originally Posted by MajorLiggs View Post
    Love your work l00k.

If you are applying for citizenship, that means you have a permanent resident status, I assume? As much as I can understand that you want to get it done, I can't really see how it affects your day to day life? Unless you are planning to get involved in politics and stand for election, there are very few situations where it makes a difference if you've got citizenship or permanent residence?
    I am genuinely curious about that....

Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post
    If you are applying for citizenship, that means you have a permanent resident status, I assume? As much as I can understand that you want to get it done, I can't really see how it affects your day to day life? Unless you are planning to get involved in politics and stand for election, there are very few situations where it makes a difference if you've got citizenship or permanent residence?
    I am genuinely curious about that....
    Until you apply for your dream job and they require NZ citizenship.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/jobs/acc...ing/3264906517

Quote Originally Posted by l00k View Post
    Until you apply for your dream job and they require NZ citizenship.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/jobs/acc...ing/3264906517
    That's the exception rather the norm though. I can understand why it's required for that particular job though: it's with the Defence Force and they require all sorts of security clearances for obvious reasons (and NZ citizenship is a prerequisite, but no guarantee, that such security clearance will be granted).

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    That's the exception rather the norm though. I can understand why it's required for that particular job though: it's with the Defence Force and they require all sorts of security clearances for obvious reasons (and NZ citizenship is a prerequisite, but no guarantee, that such security clearance will be granted).
    Although specific, wife works in Government actually and DF is a good department to be in. Opens options there.
    It'd also be nice to be able to spend a year or so back home without being penalized for not being in NZ, or risk citizenship being denied for not committing to NZ.

It also opens up options down the line (Australia).

I found this petition for anyone interested

"Petition of Mathewkutty Jose Mangalassery: Restore the timeframe to process citizenship applications to 2-3 months"

https://www.parliament.nz/mi/pb/peti...ry-restore-the

The DIA just added another section on the govt website.

Application timeframes
    Application allocated to a case officer: 10 to 11 months
    Outcome of application: 1 to 2 months
    Allocation to a ceremony: 2 to 3 months

https://www.govt.nz/browse/passports...on-timeframes/

Application: 27/07/2020
    CO Assigned: 26/03/2021
    Detail confirmation: 04/05/2021

22/09:

I am writing to you regarding the Citizenship Ceremony on 4 October 2021 which you were to be invited to.

As you are aware Auckland is at Alert Level 3 with an announcement due on the 4th of October. As the council can only run ceremonies at Alert Level 1 they have unfortunately decided to cancel this ceremony.

Where ceremonies are cancelled due to COVID, candidates will become citizens on the date their ceremony was due to take place with no requirement to attend a ceremony.

The certificate will be couriered to you, which could take up to 4 weeks from the date your ceremony was due to take place.

If your mailing address has changed could you please let us know by replying to this email including your full name, reference number (if known) and new address.

It's over for me guys. Cheers

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast