Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline

waw. It says that "So far this year, 26,000 people have applied for citizenship, and 11,700 were approved."

This means 11,700 applications lodged and approved this year.

I have submitted my application on 3-Jan. How is the queue working!!! Unless 11,700 are not by grant.

Quote Originally Posted by bsohel View Post
    waw. It says that "So far this year, 26,000 people have applied for citizenship, and 11,700 were approved."

This means 11,700 applications lodged and approved this year.

I have submitted my application on 3-Jan. How is the queue working!!! Unless 11,700 are not by grant.
    These 11,700 are approved this year, but the original lodgment date of these approved applications are from 2020.

Currently they are allocating Nov-2020 applications.

But obviously you can see some people on this forum and geekzone saying they got approved really fast.

A guy in this forum said he lodged on 07 Jan 2021 and got approved 1 week later. Another guy on Geekzone said he submmitted on 14-Apr-2021 and got approved just last week.

Also DIA did admit they gave priority for in-person applications before. They have stopped this practice now, but obviously somehow these guys still manage to jump the queue. The details we will never know.

https://fyi.org.nz/request/15427/res...20response.pdf
    Last edited by l00k; 29th September 2021 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by l00k View Post
    More than 30,000 people are waiting for their citizenship to be approved after a blowout in processing times.

Read this story on RNZ Facebook and appalled how uninformed the average NZers are:

https://www.facebook.com/RadioNewZea...8731?__tn__=-R

Many can't even tell the differences between residency and citizenship.

Many think it is to do with Immigration NZ.

And many keep screaming the old cliche "They take our houses and they take our jobs"

What is happening in the UK right now after hard working immigrants were kicked out should be a lesson to any nation who undervalues immigrants and any racist who treats them as criminals. read the articles.
    Regarding the queue, it is totally normal from my jaded point of view of the world, so don't worry what is happening is normal.

https://www.govt.nz/browse/passports...on-timeframes/

Application time frames were updated this morning. An additional 2 months were added to allocation to ceremony. Taking the whole time frame to 14-17 months.

What a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorLiggs View Post
    https://www.govt.nz/browse/passports...on-timeframes/

Application time frames were updated this morning. An additional 2 months were added to allocation to ceremony. Taking the whole time frame to 14-17 months.

What a disgrace.
    In case you haven't heard of something called "The News", there's a small problem called "Covid" at the moment, which is resulting in citizenship ceremonies being postponed. Perhaps your delusions of entitlement are preventing you from seeing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    In case you haven't heard of something called "The News", there's a small problem called "Covid" at the moment, which is resulting in citizenship ceremonies being postponed. Perhaps your delusions of entitlement are preventing you from seeing this.
    MajorLiggs simply provided the latest factual and accurate information for everyone. not sure why MajorLiggs being attacked?

Gee i have to say, you can be incredibly unfriendly!

The delays are frustrating for those affected.

In other news, the presence calculator was a day late for me as well. I had two departure and two arrival dates as well so it doesn’t really make sense for it to be one day, but oh well. Perhaps the date of application is counted into the year after all.

Not sure what your issue is. I stated the updated and gave my opinion. We're all aware of Covid, but Covid isn't an excuse to not hold the Government accountable or prevent me from having an opinion or feel disappointment. The whole process is incredibly bureaucratic and the goal posts have shifted, yet again.

And there's plenty of alternatives for the ceremony. A friend has a Zoom ceremony in Australia. It took days to happen, not 4 months. Two years of this pandemic so far. We need to adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nether111 View Post
    In other news, the presence calculator was a day late for me as well. I had two departure and two arrival dates as well so it doesn’t really make sense for it to be one day, but oh well. Perhaps the date of application is counted into the year after all.
    Mine was a day late based on my calculations too Nether111. I had 3 trips out the country in that year. It would seem the departure/arrival days we're included as being in NZ too. Just FYI.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast