Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by heart_prince34 View Post
    Anyone from Manukau/Auckland office got any update?
    Here is my timeline:

Applied online on 8th December 2020. I'm living in Auckland.

Received email from case officer on 14th October 2021 to check if my personal details are correct which will be published on citizenship certificate.

I replied to this email on 15th October 2021.

Received an email from case officer on 20th October 2021 to request additional information/Document (This information was related to a debt (Residual income tax as I'm self employed but I just declared it when I submitted my application just to be on safe side) that I owed to IRD, CO requested a document which shows that I have paid it off as I declared that It has been paid off)

Replied to this email on 21st October 2021 and received a reply from CO that he has received the information/document.

Received a call from CO on 21st October and he said that he's happy with all the information provided and will be sending application for final check. He spoke to me for around 2 minutes over the phone. He just asked if I'm currently employed. I assume he was just confirming my English language eligibility but he did not say it.

Received another email same day requesting additional information/document as my name was different in birth certificate than my current passport.

I replied on same day with additional information/document. (I changed my name legally back in 2008 when I applied for my 1st passport)

Received approval email on Monday 26th October 2021.

Good Luck All.

CONGRATS HAPPYDEOL
    Anyone applied from Christchurch office got any update?
    Thanks

Congratulations!

The oldest unassigned paper application was received on 4 November 2020. The oldest unassigned online application was received on 21 December 2020.

https://fyi.org.nz/request/16904/res...se%20James.pdf

Thanks that's really helpful. So ca. 10 months for an online application to be assigned.

CONGRATS HappyDeol,

Can you share the first email contact you is an auto-email or a real case officer email? What is the email extension of the officer (e.g. abc.def@dia.govt.nz)? I'm afraid it may go to my email spam.

Congratulations! Hope you will have your ceremony soon!

The oldest unassigned paper applications waiting to be allocated to a citizenship trained Life and Identity Services Officer (LISO) are from 25 November 2020 and the oldest unassigned online applications waiting to be assigned to a LISO are from 2 January 2021.

This means that early 2021 applications have now started to be allocated to LISOs for processing but that not all citizenship applications submitted in 2020 have yet been allocated, as there are still some paper based applications remaining.

https://fyi.org.nz/request/16954/res...122%200274.pdf

Look like the table has turned now? Last year and even earlier this year, paper applications were processed faster than online application. Now, online application is leading around 5 weeks compared to paper application.

I think the paper applications are being worked on by new recruits whereas online is handled by (mostly?) existing staff. It’ll be interesting to see how quick online is processed now!

I had an appointment booked but it got cancelled due to the Rona and I had to apply online - looks like that is indeed the better option now!

But isn’t it unfair? The fee payable for online application and paper application is the same.

What they should have done is allocating staff appropriately to both online and paper application processing team. That way, the queue would be comparable for both types of applications.

It’s really frustrating seeing these things happen and yet we can’t do anything about.

Last year they prioritised paper applications. Now they prioritised online applications. The only lucky applicants are the one applied before Dec 2020 in person.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast