Thread: EVE for Talent Accredited Work Visa

Default EVE for Talent Accredited Work Visa

Hi All,

I have applied for Talent Work Visa on 1st March and requested EVE on 3rd March as I have to start the new job by the end of this month. Its been almost a week and still havent heard back from them even regarding Approved/Declined for EVE.

I called up INZ and they mentioned they have acknowledged the EVE was received on my file but still hasnt made approved/declined decision for escalation yet.

Has there been anybody else on similar scenario where even after submitting the EVE nothing has been done. Is it okay to send the EVE mail again?

You say you 'have to start the new job by the end of the month'. I'm afraid you have things the wrong way round - you CAN'T start the new job till you have the visa. Your employer, offering a job to a foreigner, must be aware that you can't come until INZ allow it. S/He can't demand that you start on a certain date, only tell you (and INZ) a wished-for start date. As INZ have acknowledged that you're in the system and that they know you have asked for escalation, your turn will come, when they've dealt with people whose applications got there before yours.

Hi JandM,

Thanks for the reply. I am already in NZ & I will wait for my turn then as they have already acknowledged this and hopefully I get an officer soon.

Yes, I should have mentioned earlier, they havent demanded I start by this date. Its a new job offer and they have put the start date as TBC for now but as this job is a 2 year fixed term offer and they have mentioned a fixed end date has been set to March,2023 hence to fulfill the criteria of job offer of 24 or more, I need to start by this month, hence I requested for EVE.

Good luck.