Thread: ESWV - Partnership visa, Validity of IELTS - Help

Default ESWV - Partnership visa, Validity of IELTS - Help

Reposting in the correct forum.

Dear Team,

Please help with your advice.

I am currently on ESWV and my wife is on Partner of ESWV. I work in the tourism industry and looks like this industry will not open soon, so I am looking out for a job. (it looks very difficult)

My questions are: If I lose my job, will my wife's and kids visa will remain valid till the expiry date?

We have also lodged EOI in 2020, (after suspension)

My second question is - At the time of lodgement, my IELTS result was valid but now it is has expired, Do I have to again take the IELTS exam?

At the time of submission, my son was 15 years and now he is 16 year, he is a topper and a Merit student, Does he also has to take IELTS exam?

At the time of submission, my wife was 39 years and now she is 40 years old, do we lose points?

Since the submission, we have updated the application by adding her last year of experience, She has worked part-time for six months and six months as a full-time employee in a school. Do we get points for part-time?

Currently, she is working on a fixed term (role growth contract in a school) contract valid till Dec 2021 and we are claiming points for her current job. Are we correct in claiming the points?

It would be great if someone can advise me on my questions, even in private.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by yogi74 View Post

I am currently on ESWV and my wife is on Partner of ESWV. I work in the tourism industry and looks like this industry will not open soon, so I am looking out for a job. (it looks very difficult)

My questions are: If I lose my job, will my wife's and kids visa will remain valid till the expiry date?
    Your visa depends on being employed in the job mentioned on it. If you want to change your job, in order to keep your Essential Skills Visa valid, the new job needs to be another that has the same level of skills, as INZ will check out the new offer to see if it meets the requirements for the visa. Ideally, you would get the offer of another job while still employed in the present one, then tell INZ so they can do the verifications, and issue a Variation Of Conditions to change you over from the old employer to the new one at a date when you would have served the notice required from your old job, and to meet the hoped for start date for your new job. Or possibly, they might need to issue a new work visa.

If your job came to an end, e.g. with redundancy, you would have to tell INZ - usually, they allow a period of grace before cancelling the old visa (although strictly, it would end when the employment ends), to let you try to land another job with similar skill level, and if successful, you would need to get a Variation Of Conditions or perhaps a new work visa, depending on the degree of difference from the old job. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...at-will-happen
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...c-are-changing

Your wife's and children's visas depend on your present work visa. Therefore, if your visa came to an end, so would theirs. If you get a new work visa, you have to make sure that INZ knows, and changes the details on their visas to match your new one.

To help answer the rest of your questions, can you please say, who (you, or your wife) is the Main Applicant on the application for Residence under SMC?

Dear Jand,

Thank you for the comprehensive reply, this will really help me.

To answer your question, my wife is the Main Applicant on the application for Residence under SMC.

Looking forward to hearing from you.