Thread: Getting Promotion while waiting for SMC results

Default Getting Promotion while waiting for SMC results

Hi team,

Anyone here who can help to understand if a VOC would be required for someone who is on a Specific Purpose/Event work visa and getting a promotion from Consultant to Senior Consultant (but not changing the ANZSCO roles and responsibilities for a Software Tester) and a pay raise of 10% and waiting for the SMC outcome.

Should he inform Immigration about the change in the Salary and the promotion for SMC Application?

Note: Currently the visa condition is "may only work for <Company Name> as a Consultant in New Zealand.

Thanks,
    Last edited by satty02; 15th March 2021 at 12:20 PM. Reason: provided visa condition for better understanding

@Erin, if you could help please

Quote Originally Posted by satty02 View Post
    Anyone here who can help to understand if a VOC would be required for someone who is on a Specific Purpose/Event work visa and getting a promotion from Consultant to Senior Consultant (but not changing the ANZSCO roles and responsibilities for a Software Tester) and a pay raise of 10% and waiting for the SMC outcome.
    Per this knowledgebase article from INZ, if the Work Visa specifies job title, employer's details and region of employment, and any of those details change, your visa conditions must be changed as well for you to continue to work lawfully in New Zealand. Depending on the change, this may require a variation of conditions or an entirely new Work Visa.

Quote Originally Posted by satty02 View Post
    Should he inform Immigration about the change in the Salary and the promotion for SMC Application?
    Per R5.20.1, an applicant for a residence class visa must inform an immigration officer of any relevant fact, including any material change in circumstances that occurs after the application is made, if that fact or change in circumstances may affect the decision on the application. Failure to do so will be considered "concealment of information", for which the consequences are severe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Per this knowledgebase article from INZ, if the Work Visa specifies job title, employer's details and region of employment, and any of those details change, your visa conditions must be changed as well for you to continue to work lawfully in New Zealand. Depending on the change, this may require a variation of conditions or an entirely new Work Visa.

Per R5.20.1, an applicant for a residence class visa must inform an immigration officer of any relevant fact, including any material change in circumstances that occurs after the application is made, if that fact or change in circumstances may affect the decision on the application. Failure to do so will be considered "concealment of information", for which the consequences are severe.
    Thanks for helping me with the KB link (i have seen it), I did check and I have checked the VOC form as well and it only specifies three things in the form for VOC (Employer, Location, and occupation), and in my case occupation didn't change.

And I have forwarded the Promotion cum Salary Increase letter to INZ this morning.
    Last edited by satty02; 17th March 2021 at 09:50 AM.