Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC - After Interview with CO

Question SMC - After Interview with CO

Hi Team,

I had my interview on 15 March 21 and CO informed me that she will be contacting the employer on the same day or the next day.

But even after 1 week, my employer hasn't received any email or call.

Contacted CC and got a response that the file is still under initial assessment.

Any similar experiences, really stressful...

How can we know that the file went to 2PC, do we have to call CC every time for that...

Quote Originally Posted by cijoc View Post
    Hi Team,

I had my interview on 15 March 21 and CO informed me that she will be contacting the employer on the same day or the next day.

But even after 1 week, my employer hasn't received any email or call.

Contacted CC and got a response that the file is still under initial assessment.

Any similar experiences, really stressful...

How can we know that the file went to 2PC, do we have to call CC every time for that...

Quite similar situation, CO said if any extra documents/information needed, she will contact employer. But we found out that our case was sent to 2pc queue on 8th of March after I called CC to get an update. My CO didnt update me about the 2pc queue but she was very quick in reply to our emails if we had any questions, just not too straightforward whenever we ask for an update about our case.

Maybe you could call CC later this week or next week to see if there is any update again? Or write to you CO. Totally understand how you feel, finger crossed we will get through this! All the best.

You are not alone in feeling stressed; that's the normal state for anyone with an application in to INZ. As adults, we're used to being able to plan ahead and control most things, but for this, you're in the hands of a huge government bureaucracy, and you just have to wait for them to do their thing without being able to follow each step.

The call centre can only tell you what they find has been entered on the computer, so if the CO hasn't caught the records up with her actions, they aren't going to know. Also, they aren't in the same place where she is, so they can't tell you what, if anything, caused her not to contact your employer when she said.

It isn't part of the COs' duties to tell the applicant every single thing they have done (including about when the case is sent for 2pc) - their main focus is to process cases, and if they stop to update each applicant, this uses time that could be spent advancing somebody else's application to completion. They need to be let get on with their work, so if anyone gets the urge to contact a CO without any genuine, pressing question, it's better not to do it. When the CO has a need for more information, or has information to give you, they WILL get in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by YMCheah View Post
    Quite similar situation, CO said if any extra documents/information needed, she will contact employer. But we found out that our case was sent to 2pc queue on 8th of March after I called CC to get an update. My CO didnt update me about the 2pc queue but she was very quick in reply to our emails if we had any questions, just not too straightforward whenever we ask for an update about our case.

Maybe you could call CC later this week or next week to see if there is any update again? Or write to you CO. Totally understand how you feel, finger crossed we will get through this! All the best.
    Thanks YMCheah.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You are not alone in feeling stressed; that's the normal state for anyone with an application in to INZ. As adults, we're used to being able to plan ahead and control most things, but for this, you're in the hands of a huge government bureaucracy, and you just have to wait for them to do their thing without being able to follow each step.

The call centre can only tell you what they find has been entered on the computer, so if the CO hasn't caught the records up with her actions, they aren't going to know. Also, they aren't in the same place where she is, so they can't tell you what, if anything, caused her not to contact your employer when she said.

It isn't part of the COs' duties to tell the applicant every single thing they have done (including about when the case is sent for 2pc) - their main focus is to process cases, and if they stop to update each applicant, this uses time that could be spent advancing somebody else's application to completion. They need to be let get on with their work, so if anyone gets the urge to contact a CO without any genuine, pressing question, it's better not to do it. When the CO has a need for more information, or has information to give you, they WILL get in touch.

Thanks JandM

Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank @JandM for activating my account.

I am in a similar situation too. I believe my employer was not contacted for verification as they would have told me if someone did contact them in regards to my employment with them. My CO last called me on 10 March 21 asking to send through my wife's English test result. I emailed it to her shortly after the call then she replied back telling me that my application is now being put through to quality check and should they require additional information she would request it from me, otherwise I should hear back from the support team in regards to the outcome of my application soon. By saying quality check, did she mean '2 PC check'? Does anyone has an idea about 2PC processing timeframes? Thanks.

It's entirely possible, and normal, for the Immigration Officer to decide that no employer verification is necessary -- what happened in other people's applications can never be used to determine what will happen with yours, as your circumstances are different to everyone else's. For the record, I am not aware of any employer verification that happened with my own application (though, my employer was an accredited employer, so that may have had something to do with it).

From what you have described, your Immigration Officer has recommended a decision to either approve or decline your application, and your application has now been forwarded to a Technical Advisor for a quality check (also called the second person check). While it's not unknown for the Technical Advisor to return the application to the Immigration Officer for remedial action (usually because the Immigration Officer failed to properly check/verify the application, or the rationale for the Immigration Officer's decision is not robust or isn't in line with immigration instructions), I can tell you that if you haven't received a Potential Prejudicial Information letter during the processing of your application (because one must be sent for all residence class visa applications if there's information that may result in a decline decision, per R5.20.5), it's a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by heydude View Post
    Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank @JandM for activating my account.

I am in a similar situation too. I believe my employer was not contacted for verification as they would have told me if someone did contact them in regards to my employment with them. My CO last called me on 10 March 21 asking to send through my wife's English test result. I emailed it to her shortly after the call then she replied back telling me that my application is now being put through to quality check and should they require additional information she would request it from me, otherwise I should hear back from the support team in regards to the outcome of my application soon. By saying quality check, did she mean '2 PC check'? Does anyone has an idea about 2PC processing timeframes? Thanks.
    Yea, Quality Check = 2PC = Technical Check, there is so many names for the same thing.
    Based on the timeline shared by many successful cases in the FB group, 2pc queue takes about 2-6 weeks. Latest timeline shared by a member in the group as below:

ANZSCO: 512111(Office Manager)
    Arrived in NZ: March 2016 on student visa(visa journey attached)
    EOI & ITA: March 2019
    Lodgement: 19 July 2019
    CO allocated: 05 Feb 2021
    Sent to 2PC: 19 Feb 2021
    Approved online: 17 March 2019
    AIP received: 22 March 2021
    No contact with me or my employer
    Last edited by YMCheah; 23rd March 2021 at 09:53 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks @kelerei

Thanks @YMCheah for the information.

I wish everyone good luck. I believe it wont be long until we get our residency approved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast