Thread: On Shore Partnership Residence Application.

Default On Shore Partnership Residence Application.

Hi Good Evening all

I just got update for my Wife's Partnership Application below is Time line

Did Application online Oct 9th, 2020
    Money deducted same Day
    Case officer assigned on 25th Jan 2020 and asked for updated Documents by 9th of Feb.
    Submitted all document on 8th Feb 2020.
    Got a mail from Case officer advising application gone to 2pc on 11 Feb.
    Again got a mail from Case officer advising for Interview and time availability for interview, done interview on 23 Feb and got Email below i am bit confused that what Case officer is trying to say can some one please help me on this

"In regards to your clientÂ’s interview as your client and their partner were living together at the time the supporting partner was granted residence under the Skilled Migrant Category, your client will be required to meet English Language requirements, as set out below. I understand that these tests can take some preparation and time to organize, you will have 6 months to provide this to Immigration once a second person check is completed; only once English Language requirements are met, may you be issued your residence visa."

My question is, is case officer approved residency in condition ? is she just waiting for English test.

Can some one please help me on this, your help will be Much appreciated.

This sounds to me that, should your application be successful, you will be issued an Approved in Principle letter, which will give you six months to submit satisfactory proof of English proficiency. The Resident Visa would then only be granted when you have met all requirements in the Approved in Principle letter, and failing to do this will, unless there is good reason, result in the application being declined.

Hi kelerei Good evening

First of all thanks for your reply, the thing is that we have received this last email from Case officer on 9th March after that no communication as CO again sent my wife file to 2pc as described above.

Also my wife Work Visa is Finishing on 9th April and we have booked her English test Exam on 29 March so situation is cut to cut should we apply another Work visa? or we can submit test results after exam and ask CO to process quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by rich12 View Post
    Also my wife Work Visa is Finishing on 9th April and we have booked her English test Exam on 29 March so situation is cut to cut should we apply another Work visa? or we can submit test results after exam and ask CO to process quickly.
    You must apply for a further Work Visa if it will expire before you are granted a Resident Visa (this allows an Interim Visa to happen). Consider the length of time to get English test results, the possibility of the English test result not meeting the required threshold, time for the quality check to conclude and time for the Resident Visa to be issued once you act on any Approved in Principle letter (usually around 2 weeks, though less than this in my experience) when considering whether you should apply for a further Work Visa.

You cannot be granted a Resident Visa if you become unlawfully in New Zealand, and you will have to request a visa as a special case under Section 61, leave New Zealand, or face deportation.

I know it must be frustrating when it seems residence is so close, but as Kelerei said, your wife needs to have a new work visa application in so as to have the remaining formalities and processing time covered.

Hello All Good Afternoon,

First of all Thank you JandM and Kelerei For your Valuable input, during our Struggling Time and sorry i was busy last couple of weeks sorting out my wife application.

Finally she got her Family Residence Visa Approval

Time line is below

Did Application online Oct 9th, 2020
    Money deducted same Day
    Case officer assigned on 25th Jan 2020 and asked for updated Documents by 9th of Feb.
    Submitted all document on 8th Feb 2020.
    Got a mail from Case officer advising application gone to 2pc on 11 Feb, if she need any Info she will again Contact.
    Again got a mail from Case officer advising for Interview and time availability for interview, done interview on 23 Feb and after interview CO told us she want English Requirement for my wife giving 6 months time to Submit to Inz

PTE test Booked for 29 March as its easily available in compare to Ielts got results for PTE same day she got 53 score in total and its equivalent to 6 band, submitted results same day to INZ CO also remind CO about work Visa Expiring on 9th April so if she can give final Out come quickly.

CO send email stating Approval of Application on 30 March and Got E-visa on 31 March.