Thread: Data Scientist is not on the Long-term skill shortage list?

Default Data Scientist is not on the Long-term skill shortage list?

I got an offer and my job title is 'data scientist', but I cannot find it in the long-term skill shortage list, does anybody know one in LTSSL that closely matches? Thanks!

You're going about this the wrong way. You need to find the ANZSCO code that is a substantial match to your role (see SM6.10.5.1 for the Skilled Migrant Category, where this is explicitly mentioned -- there's probably something to this effect in Work Visa instructions but I don't have time to search right now!). Only once you've ascertained your ANZSCO code can you compare with the Long Term Skills Shortage List.

INZ will, in their assessment of your application, check that your role is a substantial match to the ANZSCO code you specified -- getting this wrong can (and often does!) lead to a declined application.

You can check the ANZSCO list yourself here. This forum cannot (legally) advise you on what your correct ANZSCO code should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    You're going about this the wrong way. You need to find the ANZSCO code that is a substantial match to your role (see SM6.10.5.1 for the Skilled Migrant Category, where this is explicitly mentioned -- there's probably something to this effect in Work Visa instructions but I don't have time to search right now!). Only once you've ascertained your ANZSCO code can you compare with the Long Term Skills Shortage List.

INZ will, in their assessment of your application, check that your role is a substantial match to the ANZSCO code you specified -- getting this wrong can (and often does!) lead to a declined application.

You can check the ANZSCO list yourself here. This forum cannot (legally) advise you on what your correct ANZSCO code should be.
    Thanks!