Thread: Help with new Job/ANZCO

Lightbulb Help with new Job/ANZCO

Hi All,

Please help me clear a doubt, I have an opportunity within my organisation to get a job that falls under ANZCO 222111 COMMODITIES TRADER.
    I have done a Level 7 diploma in IT and also a Bachelors in commerce but that's from my home country and currently, I'm working as a data analyst.
    I'm not sure about the educational requirements are for this AZNCO because the website says NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2).

In New Zealand:
    NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
    At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
    Registration or licensing may be required.

I'm currently waiting for my SMC visa and happy to go through the VOC and update of SMC application as long as I know INZ won't reject my SMC application saying that I don't have the relevant qualification required for this ANZCO to be granted a SMC visa.

If anyone has any idea about this please let me know.
    Thanks in advance.

You're the first person I've seen raise this question. I've been looking at the skills checker, and ANZSCO, and I don't think the requirements are made clear, either. You might try sending a PM to EGoodhue, in case she knows something about this situation.

Thanks JandM,
    I have previously been declined due to my education not being up to the standards for a skill 1 job hence I'm extra cautious this time.
    I have sent a PM to EGoodhue and will update this post once I get a reply.
    Last edited by IT_GUY; 8th April 2021 at 12:10 PM.

Good luck.

First and foremost, the qualification you intend to claim as being relevant needs to be recognised - either by way of appearing on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment or being assessed by NZQA.
    Then, SM6.15 refers to a qualification being relevant to employment if the major subject area of the qualification is directly applicable to the employment OR an immigration officer is satisfied that the qualification was a key factor in the employer's decision to employ the applicant in that job. Both options are quite subjective and be wary that you may need to make a good case for both of these options, even though instructions says "OR" - I've seen instances of immigration officer's requiring that both criteria are met in the past (rightly or wrongly, it happens).

Hi Erin,

Thanks for the update and sorry for the late reply as I was away for some time.
    It's not an easy one and I'm being extra careful, Will do some further research.

Thanks again both Erin & JandM.