Thread: Accredited employer - work to residence

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Accredited employer - work to residence

SO I am applying again for another work visa while I apply for residence visa in the background.
    it gives me a choice of 12 months or more than 24 months.
    i know that if I didnt get 24 months on the visa I wouldnt get healthcare coverage but also what do I do with medical. they were submitted on the first run and according to immigration they are still valid but when i do it in the application the algorithm wont let me click next ..
    anyone else had to go through the same deal?
    I do not have the old medicals as they went directly from the doctor to immigration

You don't have to have 24 months on your next visa in order to be entitled to use the NZ health service.
    Proof of eligibility:

You will need to show your health service provider your valid passport endorsed (stamped) with a current work visa (or work permit), that:

entitles you to remain in New Zealand for a period that equals or exceeds two years (work visas start on the person’s first day in New Zealand) OR
    entitles you to remain in New Zealand for a specified period of time which, together with the period of time you have already been lawfully in New Zealand (ie. on other visas/permits), allows for a total continuous stay of at least two years.

Note: Time spent lawfully in New Zealand immediately prior to the current work visa/permit counts towards the two years (ie. on a visitor or student visa/permit or another work visa/permit).
    (my bolding) https://www.health.govt.nz/new-zeala...-years-or-more

If your medicals are less than 36 months old, they should be acceptable for this application. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#46507.htm If the online application won't accept them, there's something wrong with it. You could try calling INZ for assistance, or you could do a paper application.

Default medical

thank you
    I was finally able to do it. I think it was just a weird system glitch.

They do happen... glad it sorted itself out for you.