Thread: Phone interview - Partnership Visitor Visa

Default Phone interview - Partnership Visitor Visa

hi everyone

I apologise if this has been asked before. My partner and I have a scheduled phone interview this week. We are wondering, what kind of questions the case officer might ask?

Trying not to overthink it, but a heads up will really help us

Thanks!

It's not possible to give a definitive answer to this -- it all depends on what evidence you've previously provided and what the Immigration Officer is aiming to verify.

There's a lot of posts around this forum with people sharing their experiences, which may give you a rough idea. Just keep in mind that what they experienced, and what you are about to experience, will surely differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    It's not possible to give a definitive answer to this -- it all depends on what evidence you've previously provided and what the Immigration Officer is aiming to verify.

There's a lot of posts around this forum with people sharing their experiences, which may give you a rough idea. Just keep in mind that what they experienced, and what you are about to experience, will surely differ.
    I'm aware there are posts, but wanted to know from people who have had an interview recently. I believe that's the purpose of this forum, to help each other?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RI2002 View Post
    I'm aware there are posts, but wanted to know from people who have had an interview recently. I believe that's the purpose of this forum, to help each other?

Thanks
    My response was what you need to know; I really don't care about what you would like to hear. If you don't like that, that's your problem.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 25th April 2021 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    My response was what you need to know; I really don't care about what you would like to hear. If you don't like that, that's your problem.
    Sorry but whats this about what i would like to hear? If i know what i want to hear/like to hear then I wouldn’t bother posting on this forum. This forum has been very helpful in my previous posts so gave it a shot again.

Anyway, if anyone wants to know, i will happily share my experience with the phone interview (rather than shutting you down), if it means *helping* someone who might be anxious rather

RI2002, as you haven't so far had any recent feedback, it may reassure you to know that posts made by people years ago are just as valid to help you as anything people could tell you who had their interview last week. INZ's regulations for granting a visa based on partnership haven't changed for many years. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ly/partnership For this reason, INZ CO's interviews with a couple who have an application in continue to cover exactly the same ground - they want to know that each person can show deep and solid knowledge of their partner (likes, dislikes, families, shared day-to-day routine, etc.), and talk about the development of the relationship in the same way, as all that would not be possible for two people faking things, lying to get the foreigner a visa.