Thread: Long Term Shortage List Work Visa

Default Long Term Shortage List Work Visa

I just wanted to know what is current salary requirement for Long Term Skill Shortage List Visa as I have the salary which can get me 3 years of essential skills visa but still lack 10 months of Chef de Partie experience and will complete 5 years al carte experience in July. Also is it true that Immigration is going to close down this program in the future? Also like SMC do we need to claim points for this visa for residence.

Quote Originally Posted by ishpai1 View Post
    I just wanted to know what is current salary requirement for Long Term Skill Shortage List Visa as I have the salary which can get me 3 years of essential skills visa but still lack 10 months of Chef de Partie experience and will complete 5 years al carte experience in July.
    To be granted a Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa, you must meet the requirements of WR3.1.

You must:

1. hold an offer of employment in an occupation that is included on the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) at the time that their application is made and that meets the specifications for that occupation; and
    2. be suitably qualified by training and/or experience to undertake the offer of employment (including any specific requirements set out on the LTSSL); and
    3. be aged 55 years or under (unless WR3.15.1 applies); and
    4. meet the health and character requirements for Residence set out at A4 and A5.15 to A5.25; and
    5. meet the requirements for bona fide applicants as set out at E5; and
    6. meet the requirements for lodging an application as set out in WR3.15.

Your offer of employment must meet the requirements of WR3.5.

There is no specific salary requirement for the Long Term Skill Shortage Work Visa itself (it's conceivable that one could be included for specific occupations on the LTSSL itself, though I have not personally checked this). There is, however, a salary requirement of NZ$45,000 per annum to be granted a Long Term Skill Shortage List Resident Visa (RW4(b)).

Also is it true that Immigration is going to close down this program in the future?
    A new employer-assisted Work Visa will replace six Work Visas in around mid-2021, including the Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa. See here for the forthcoming changes.

Also like SMC do we need to claim points for this visa for residence.
    You may be eligible for 10 bonus points if you apply for the Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa, as your current skilled employment may match the requirements of SM6.40.1.

The Long Term Skill Shortage List Resident Visa is not a points based visa. If you intend to use this pathway to residence, you must meet the requirements of RW4; you may be granted this visa if:

1. you have held a Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa for a period of at least 24 months; and
    2. you have employment (that meets the requirements of RW4.1) with a minimum base salary of NZ$45,000 per annum that is either:
      1. in an occupation that was on the Long Term Skill Shortage List when you were granted a Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa; or
      2. in an occupation that is on the long term skill shortage list at the time your application for a Long Term Skill Shortage List Resident Visa is made; and
    3. you hold full or provisional registration, if full or provisional registration is required to practice in the occupation in which you are employed in New Zealand; and
    4. you continue to meet health and character requirements for residence set out at A4 and A5.15 to A5.25.

Hi Kelerei,

Thanks for sharing the link of Work Visas changes in around mid-2021.

I have a question regarding the job check for the employers. The document said
    apply for a job check to make sure the role they want to fill cannot be done by New Zealanders
    . My question is does this apply to the applicant who already submitted SMC resident application? The reason I asked this is because I have submitted SMC application but stuck oversea now with a post study work visa which will expire on Aug 2021.

Thank your for your time and reading.

Cheers
    Jilufe

Currently, no. There's no labour market check for the Long Term Skills Shortage List Work Visa (see the requirements I posted earlier), and if you were applying for an Essential Skills Work Visa and have previously lodged an application for a Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa based on the same role, you would be exempt from the labour market check by virtue of WK3.20.10.

I cannot predict whether or not this will still be the case when the new employer-assisted Work Visa is introduced. That said, the link I posted earlier states that "jobs paying 200% of the median wage and those on skills shortage lists [will] not need a labour market test", so that gives an indication of where things might be headed.

Thank you, Kelerei!