Thread: New Accredited Employer Work Visa

Default New Accredited Employer Work Visa

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any detail on the new Accredited Employer Work Visa? I understand that this will replace the current temporary work visas, including the Accredited Employer WTR visa I hold, but I'm not clear if this means I have now lost my route to residency? The INZ website says that my Accredited Employer WTR visa will remain in place so long as I continue to meet the conditions - but does that mean that I can still apply for residency after the 24 month period?

Also, does this new single visa provide any route to residency or will those poor souls have to apply under the SMC (whatever that's going to look like when the Minister finally tells us all what's happening)?

Cheers,

Gene
    Last edited by genegeney; 12th May 2021 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by genegeney View Post
    Does anyone have any detail on the new Accredited Employer Work Visa? I understand that this will replace the current temporary work visas, including the Accredited Employer WTR visa I hold, but I'm not clear if this means I have now lost my route to residency? The INZ website says that my Accredited Employer WTR visa will remain in place so long as I continue to meet the conditions - but does that mean that I can still apply for residency after the 24 month period?
    INZ have provided little information on what will happen to those currently on the WTR pathway. The only information is on the recent announcement, stating "if you have a Residence from Work visa application underway (requiring a further Work to Residence visa to be granted residence), you will be able to continue this process if you remain with your employer" -- which requires further detail, in my opinion.

Expect further information on this around June/July, dependent on policy discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by genegeney View Post
    Also, does this new single visa provide any route to residency or will those poor souls have to apply under the SMC (whatever that's going to look like when the Minister finally tells us all what's happening)?
    This, INZ did provide previous information, but I see the page that had it on has been taken down. The plan was that a work to residence pathway will be available to those earning 2x the median salary; all others will need to apply for residence via the Skilled Migrant Category. I do not know whether or not this is still the plan -- again, expect definitive information later this year.

Thanks

I'm on a talent accredited employer visa as well. My understanding is that yes we can apply for the residency, but it's not clear if we can renew the accredited work visa while waiting for the residency, after the first of November.
    What will happen of 6 months will not be enough to approve the residency?

Nobody here is anything official, INZ and/or the NZ government haven't made any announcement on this point so far, so we can't answer except with guesses (and they're worthless). For the time being, it's a waiting game.

Some word from INZ now: those on the Work to Residence pathway prior to the new Accredited Employer Work Visa taking effect (on November 1st) will not have their residence pathway affected. No detail yet on how exactly this will work, but that should put a lot of WTR visa holders at ease.

Can anybody let me know how can we find the list of accredited such that we could see whether we could apply for that? Also, could we go from work visa to accredited employer work visa?