Thread: RV to PR criteria

Default RV to PR criteria

Hi all,
    May I know when u apply RV - PR, will INZ check something like do u still keep your job that gained your residency? do yo moved to other cities like Auckland?
    I read many post mentioned if you stay 184days or each year then you'll meet the criteria, just want to make sure this is correct

Quote Originally Posted by ecilassim View Post
    Hi all,
    May I know when u apply RV - PR, will INZ check something like do u still keep your job that gained your residency? do yo moved to other cities like Auckland?
    I read many post mentioned if you stay 184days or each year then you'll meet the criteria, just want to make sure this is correct
    Per RV2.5, you may be granted a Permanent Resident Visa if:

1. you either:
      1. hold a resident visa, and have held that resident visa continuously for at least 24 months at the time of application; or
      2. have held a resident visa in the three months before the application is made, and had held that resident visa continuously for at least 24 months before it expired (provided RV1.25 does not apply); and
    2. your first day in New Zealand as a resident (R5.66.1) was at least 24 months before the application is made; and
    3. you can demonstrate a commitment to New Zealand by any one of these five ways (see RV2.5.1 to RV2.5.20); and
    4. you have met any conditions imposed under section 49(1) or section 50 of the Immigration Act; and
    5. you continue to meet character requirements for residence (see A5).

If you were granted residence under the Migrant Investor or Parent Retirement categories, you will be assessed under RV2.10 instead of RV2.5.