Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: SMC RV Immigration Officer Assigned on 14 May 2021~ Prioritised on 7 May 2021

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    24

    Default SMC RV Immigration Officer Assigned on 14 May 2021~ Prioritised on 7 May 2021

    Hi there,

    My SMC RV application was prioritised on 7 May 2021 (meeting high remuneration threshold) telling me it would be assigned to an Immigration Officer within 10 working days.

    Today (17 May 2021), I called INZ Contact Centre to ask whether the Case Officer has been assigned. Contact Centre told me the Case Officer was assigned on the 14th of May 2021.

    Her name is Ekta Shee.

    If anyone has/ had been assigned to this Case Officer as well, please feel free to get in touch with me.

    Sincerely,

    Victor

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lf71victor View Post
    Hi there,

    My SMC RV application was prioritised on 7 May 2021 (meeting high remuneration threshold) telling me it would be assigned to an Immigration Officer within 10 working days.

    Today (17 May 2021), I called INZ Contact Centre to ask whether the Case Officer has been assigned. Contact Centre told me the Case Officer was assigned on the 14th of May 2021.

    Her name is Ekta Shee.

    If anyone has/ had been assigned to this Case Officer as well, please feel free to get in touch with me.

    Sincerely,

    Victor
    21 May 2021 Initial Assessment Finalised- Requested for additional documents: IRD Summary, Payslips

    28 May 2021 CO said she would aim to make a decision by the 4th of June 2021

    31 May 2021 CO contacted me and the employer for interviews; rearranged for 1 June 2021

    1 June 2021 CO contacted me for an interview at 10:30

    1 June 2021 Final Assessment Finalised at 13:53 pm; Sent to Quality Control

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Wow, that's a good sign. Do you mind sharing how much do you earn so that they prioritise your SMC application that fast?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Zealand (ex: South Africa)
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sackboy View Post
    Wow, that's a good sign. Do you mind sharing how much do you earn so that they prioritise your SMC application that fast?
    That's rather personal information, but we do know (from A16.1) that INZ gives priority to Skilled Migrant Category and Residence from Work applications where the primary applicant has an hourly rate equivalent to or higher than twice the median wage (currently $51.00 per hour or an annual salary of $106,080 or more).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    That's rather personal information, but we do know (from A16.1) that INZ gives priority to Skilled Migrant Category and Residence from Work applications where the primary applicant has an hourly rate equivalent to or higher than twice the median wage (currently $51.00 per hour or an annual salary of $106,080 or more).
    Thanks for your response. Today, I still have not got any updates further. Turing worried now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Zealand (ex: South Africa)
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lf71victor View Post
    Thanks for your response. Today, I still have not got any updates further. Turing worried now.
    Unless you've received a PPI letter, there should nothing that you should be worried about. You're not going to get updates every day.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Unless you've received a PPI letter, there should nothing that you should be worried about. You're not going to get updates every day.
    The reason I feel concerned was that most people went into 2PC on the 27th of May 2021, 31st of May 2021 got their visa on the second or the third day. Their 2PC allocation had been so fast. Mine went into 2PC on the 1st of June 2021, which was one day later than these applicants. Hence, I am concerned whether the backlog in 2PC turned serious just one day after the 31st of May 2021.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,148

    Default

    When you say "most people", I assume you are referring to a group of people you know personally who have applications in. Those of us who don't work for INZ cannot have access to information about ALL the applications and how they are moving through processing. If you've heard about even as many as ten people who seem to have moved ahead, that can only be a small fraction of all the cases being worked. Don't torment yourself by trying to draw conclusions, when you don't have, and can't have, the whole picture.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    WELLINGTON
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lf71victor View Post
    The reason I feel concerned was that most people went into 2PC on the 27th of May 2021, 31st of May 2021 got their visa on the second or the third day. Their 2PC allocation had been so fast. Mine went into 2PC on the 1st of June 2021, which was one day later than these applicants. Hence, I am concerned whether the backlog in 2PC turned serious just one day after the 31st of May 2021.
    It might have gone to CO for some remedial work or additional information, maybe call INZ and find out

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    24

    Default

    No. As the CO dropped an email just last Friday telling me mine was still in the queue for 2PC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •