Thread: WTR or Essential Skills Visa

Default WTR or Essential Skills Visa

Hi Everyone,

Please help me decide which is the best course of action in this scenario, I'm changing jobs and need to apply for a new visa to join the new role, I'm in a bit of a conundrum to decide which option is the best for me.
    Currently I'm on WTR(Talent) Visa start date - 27 March 2019 and end date - 06 September 2021.
    Also, I'm awaiting my SMC application to be assigned to a CO - Lodgement date for that is 24 Oct 2019.
    Now I have two options and I'm trying to figure out which option will be quick/easy and less expensive.

1. VOC for WTR - The only problem with this one is that it will expire soon (3.5 months/110 days) and I have to renew it again and I'm not sure what conditions need to be met to renew it.
    2. Apply for a new essential skills visa, My job was advertised and many people were interviewed, Hopefully, If I apply for this one I should get a 3-year visa giving me enough time for the SMC to be finalised.

I will be asking my new employer to provide the supporting documents for the new visa and hence want to decide in advance what documents to ask for.

Thanks in Advance :-)

That's the sort of question that you'll need immigration advice to answer -- we can't (legally) give you an answer here. Sorry.

We can give you factual information, but we can't tell you what to do (or what not to do).

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    That's the sort of question that you'll need immigration advice to answer -- we can't (legally) give you an answer here. Sorry.

We can give you factual information, but we can't tell you what to do (or what not to do).
    Thanks, Kelerei,
    Appreciate the quick response, Can you please share the information about WTR visa renewal based on the fact that the visa duration is 2.5 years and due to the massive delays applicants don't get a decision in the 6 months over and above the 24 months criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by IT_GUY View Post
    Thanks, Kelerei,
    Appreciate the quick response, Can you please share the information about WTR visa renewal based on the fact that the visa duration is 2.5 years and due to the massive delays applicants don't get a decision in the 6 months over and above the 24 months criteria.
    It's possible to apply for a second or subsequent Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa and have some of the usual requirements waived (WR1.30.1), but that only applies if you applied for the Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa (WR1.30.1(a)(ii) specifically).

There doesn't appear to be anything stopping you from applying for a new Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa as if it was your first time applying for such a visa.

On the Essential Skills side, the fact that you have applied for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category may exempt you from labour market check requirements, but may also limit the currency of any Essential Skills Work Visa granted to one year only; see WK3.20.10.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    It's possible to apply for a second or subsequent Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa and have some of the usual requirements waived (WR1.30.1), but that only applies if you applied for the Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa (WR1.30.1(a)(ii) specifically).

There doesn't appear to be anything stopping you from applying for a new Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa as if it was your first time applying for such a visa.

On the Essential Skills side, the fact that you have applied for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category may exempt you from labour market check requirements, but may also limit the currency of any Essential Skills Work Visa granted to one year only; see WK3.20.10.
    Thanks a lot, Kelerei for the clear and detailed information, Much appricated.