Thread: SMC applicants - 2018

Default SMC applicants - 2018

Anyone waiting since 2018 to get your SMC residence finalized? CO allocated for my application in November 2019 but still waiting to get the outcome.

Thanks.

There can't be too many of those around by now -- given your application has been processing for 6 months now, you likely have an unusually complex set of circumstances requiring extra validation and processing.

@kelerei
    It's been with the CO for more than 18 months now. We've been struggling to get updates from CO. They're saying the delay is due to the covid lockdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by mks20 View Post
    @kelerei
    It's been with the CO for more than 18 months now. We've been struggling to get updates from CO. They're saying the delay is due to the covid lockdowns.
    Sorry, that's what happens when the brain sees month and skips past the year!

That doesn't seem like a valid excuse to me: Auckland (where Skilled Migrant Category applications are processed) has been out of lockdown for considerable time, the incidents in February and March notwithstanding. In my opinion, you're well within your rights to make a formal complaint.

Thanks, Kelerei. I think that's the only option I have.