Thread: Residence to Permanent Residence Visa.

Default Residence to Permanent Residence Visa.

NSC and even CV are required while applying PRV in some cases. In the form, information about all periods of employment, unemployment are needed to be provided. Just wanna know if the role, duties and technical content of the new jobs can be a key factor for the PRV. Is there any refused case due to the new employment or unemployment problems after getting RV?
    Last edited by captain_james; 23rd May 2021 at 05:54 PM.

No. Once a person has residence (and has fulfilled the requirements of any Section 49(1) condition, if they had one), they have the right to do whatever job they like, skilled or not, or to start a business, or to be a student, or to do nothing.

Thanks JandM, Just don't know why they add this new step to get PRV recently.

Those issues are probably looked at as part of the "character" requirement, which is the same as for the residence visa.

... and when a National Security Check is involved, it's (probably, since there's little public information available on the NSC) to check that you aren't caught by A5.30.

HI there

I ll be applying for PR in a few months time once my RV would be 2 years old. Reading through the posts by different people on this forum, it seems INZ is asking for additional documents like NSC and previous visa refusal letters in some cases for processing of PR application. I had submitted these as part of my original RV application but unfortunately do not have a record with me. Is it possible to request INZ for a copy of the documents I submitted as part of the original application? If yes, is it Ok to request such information.

I am thinking some of the documents might be needed again as part of the PR application.

You should be able to do this via the standard "request your information" process.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/cont...st-information

Default Any recent PRV applicants?

Hi,

I submitted my PRV application last Friday (delivered to the the INZ drop box on 22-Jul 10:00 AM). No money deducted yet or any other acknowledgment. I have sent my original passports, so keen to hear from recent PRV applicants on how long it took for them to hear from INZ on their applications. How many days did INZ take to charge your card? When was the case officer assigned and how long did it take to get your passports back. Will appreciate any info.

Regards,
    K

Quote Originally Posted by kurius View Post
    Hi,

I submitted my PRV application last Friday (delivered to the the INZ drop box on 22-Jul 10:00 AM). No money deducted yet or any other acknowledgment. I have sent my original passports, so keen to hear from recent PRV applicants on how long it took for them to hear from INZ on their applications. How many days did INZ take to charge your card? When was the case officer assigned and how long did it take to get your passports back. Will appreciate any info.

Regards,
    K

RV -> PRV application delivered to dropbox on 14th July 2022, no money deducted or any acknowledgement yet.

hi Guys, there is another thread on the Forum "PR Waiting Time"...thats more updated thread on PRV.

I sent application on 08-Dec-21
    Money was deducted around 21 Jan and they asked me to submit National Security Check form which I submitted on 28-Jan-22.
    CO was assigned on 25-Mar-22 and Application was approved 25-Jul-22.

Good luck to you guys!!!