Thread: US citizen to get NZ citizenship. is it posible?

Question US citizen to get NZ citizenship. is it posible?

Been searching on the net. From what I read, US does not recommend dual citizenship but it did not specify not allowing dual citizenship. Does any US citizen here manage to get their NZ citizenship without renouncing their US citizenship and become dual citizen? I am planning to apply next week and I am worried that if I apply, my US citizenship will automatically be no longer valid. Anyone? Thanks

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...tionality.html
    You will not automatically lose your US nationality, and you do not have to renounce it.

Quote Originally Posted by skadsuh View Post
    Does any US citizen here manage to get their NZ citizenship without renouncing their US citizenship and become dual citizen?
    Heaps of us have! I submitted my own application last month. TBH our country of origin is more concerned with us continuing to file/pay taxes than it is with us having dual citizenship. As long as you always enter/leave the US on your US passport, you won't have any trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...tionality.html
    You will not automatically lose your US nationality, and you do not have to renounce it.
    Awesome. Thanks JandM also thanks for the link

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKiwi View Post
    Heaps of us have! I submitted my own application last month. TBH our country of origin is more concerned with us continuing to file/pay taxes than it is with us having dual citizenship. As long as you always enter/leave the US on your US passport, you won't have any trouble.
    Good to know US citizens were able to be dual citizen too and yeah the filing taxes is pain. Thanks TheNewKiwi