Thread: Regarding the resident visa

Default Regarding the resident visa

Hey guys
    I am eligible for the one off resident visa but I have got few concerns if someone maybe able to help -
    I have got diabetes type 2. I am on medicine and I have diabetes since 2019, since then I have gone through 3 visas and they did ask for further tests but visas were approved.
    I want to ask when they process residency application is the medical check more strict or different?

2nd question is I do have one speeding ticket and I have also been deducted points off my license twice because I was driving on my learners. Since then I have upgraded to restricted but since my points were deducted ( license was not suspended) , but would that be a problem ?
    Thank you

I’d suggest you to be honest with INZ. Tell them any tickets or demerits you’ve. Since it’s not a conviction so it shouldn’t be any problem for your visa. And be careful about your driving record. Keep it clean

Quote Originally Posted by Raman2121 View Post
    Hey guys
    I am eligible for the one off resident visa but I have got few concerns if someone maybe able to help -
    I have got diabetes type 2. I am on medicine and I have diabetes since 2019, since then I have gone through 3 visas and they did ask for further tests but visas were approved.
    I want to ask when they process residency application is the medical check more strict or different?
    For both your previous temporary entry class visas and your future resident class visa application, it all comes down to whether or not you will be assessed as likely to impose significant costs or demands on New Zealand's health services or special education services. The assessment is stricter for a residence class visa: a temporary entry class visa requires that you are unlikely to impose significant costs or demands on New Zealand's health services during their period of intended stay in New Zealand, which is a lower threshold to meet than for a residence class visa, where there must not be a relatively high probability that the applicant's medical condition or group of conditions will require health services costing in excess of NZ$41,000. Compare A4.10 (Acceptable standard of health: applicants for residence) with A4.15 (Acceptable standard of health: applicants for temporary entry class visas). It may not be a bad idea for you to go through the entirety of A4.

Quote Originally Posted by Raman2121 View Post
    2nd question is I do have one speeding ticket and I have also been deducted points off my license twice because I was driving on my learners. Since then I have upgraded to restricted but since my points were deducted ( license was not suspended) , but would that be a problem ?
    Thank you
    The sections in the operational manual you'll want to look at pertaining this are A5.20 (Applicants ineligible for a residence class visa or entry permission), A5.25 (Applicants normally ineligible for a residence class visa unless granted a character waiver) and A5.30 (Applicants normally ineligible for a residence or temporary entry class visa: risk to reputation). Paid infringements should be OK, but note that a conviction may trigger A5.25(h) and result in you requiring a character waiver per A5.25.1.

That's all correct, of course. That said, I think you can take comfort from the fact that many diabetics on the forum have got residence - it's a relatively common condition treated by well-known and available medication.