Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: About the 2021 Resident Visa

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The same rule as where?

Anyway, taking a holiday overseas would not stop work on processing a Residence application, as long as you are still employed in the skilled job mentioned in your application. That would mean that you would have to have your employer's agreement for your absence on holiday between certain dates, and that your job would be definitely waiting for you on your return.
    Oh for some reason I had in my mind that they put your application on hold while you're oout of the country. She's just doing odd jobs here and there so skilled job thing is not really aplicable in this case.

Ah, just realized... 2021 visa mentioned for her case, not SMC, the regulations I was referring to above. I will check on the INZ site.

Next question - what kind of visa is she on at the moment?

She's on Post-study work visa. So there is no difference in processing time for someone who stays in NZ and someone who leaves the country for 2 months?

That would be true for applying for Residence under SMC, as I said above. But I don't know what the situation would be for the 2021 visa, and it could be different if there's no definite evidence of a commitment to come back at a particular time - in your place, I would check with INZ what the rules are, because I don't see anything in the written criteria that makes it clear.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    That would be true for applying for Residence under SMC, as I said above. But I don't know what the situation would be for the 2021 visa, and it could be different if there's no definite evidence of a commitment to come back at a particular time - in your place, I would check with INZ what the rules are, because I don't see anything in the written criteria that makes it clear.

Hi , Thanks for your advice, I would like to know what if we meet the requirement for the residency 2021but on the online form section visa detail they ask smc number rfw number ...,what if we haven't those ? Can't we get the residency?

If someone could help that would be great.

Nobody here knows your present circumstances and what visa you now hold, so it's not possible to comment sensibly.

For those of you that applied for the 2021 Resident Visa and have yet to receive a decision on your application, INZ has established an email escalation process to prioritise applicants that are currently separated from their offshore partners and children.

More information here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234