Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a blog about your life in NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by shakyle2906 View Post
    Hi Croft

Hope theres no hard feelings, will PM you now.

Just had a few email from this forum from someone that i found unpleasant.

I have made private now. I was happy to share our experiences with everyone but not so happy when i got the emails...........

Hope you all understand.

Sharon
    No problems Sharon - just PM'd you back. Hope you get a few less e-mails (have you thought of contacting your ISP about it, ot if you know they're from this site one of the MODs?).

Quote Originally Posted by Croft View Post
    No problems Sharon - just PM'd you back. Hope you get a few less e-mails (have you thought of contacting your ISP about it, ot if you know they're from this site one of the MODs?).
    Thats a thought, but i dont want to cause trouble!
    I think they have since got the message and know they offended me bigtime!
    Hopefully it will be ok now.

Thanks for you trouble and hope no offence caused.

Sharon

I have only just read the last few pages of this thread and decided to check my comments out. Now I have not really updated my blog but found I had six comments 3 of these were complimentary from people on this forum but the other 3 were not very nice at all. One was from someone who wanted a room to use in Auckland and said he did not have much money but could pay in kind. He left a contact but I cannot be bothered with that sort of thing. Another was from someone who saw the photo of our Daughter and wondered if she was up for a one night stand and the other was from someone trying to sell webspace.So I have decided for what little work I have done on it I will get it deleted.I am thinking about transferring our house building thread when it gets going to the Lounge where only members can view.

Dave

Oh my goodness Dave that is horrific!...these people are sick, fancy commenting on your daughter...absolutely disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline and Dave View Post
    I have only just read the last few pages of this thread and decided to check my comments out. Now I have not really updated my blog but found I had six comments 3 of these were complimentary from people on this forum but the other 3 were not very nice at all. One was from someone who wanted a room to use in Auckland and said he did not have much money but could pay in kind. He left a contact but I cannot be bothered with that sort of thing. Another was from someone who saw the photo of our Daughter and wondered if she was up for a one night stand and the other was from someone trying to sell webspace.So I have decided for what little work I have done on it I will get it deleted.I am thinking about transferring our house building thread when it gets going to the Lounge where only members can view.

Dave

Sorry to hear that Dave, some people have a nerve!
    The thing that annoyed me was i worked hard to keep my blog uptodate fopr family and friends we left behind in the UK, and then people have the ordacity to do this!
    I have got over my upset now. Made my feeling clear to the person concerned and those who emailed me personally too.
    Things seem to have blown over a bit now!

Sharon

Absolutely shocked that people are getting E-mails like that - in fact some these may warrant reporting to the police. Totally understand that people are locking them down. Just out of interest, did you select not to publish your e-mail addresses? There's no way of contacting me directly from my blog you see, and I'm always very careful with security online. For example my I tie down a lot of my information on Facebook to friends only, but you have to actively set those settings, they are not on be default which I think they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Croft View Post
    Absolutely shocked that people are getting E-mails like that - in fact some these may warrant reporting to the police. Totally understand that people are locking them down. Just out of interest, did you select not to publish your e-mail addresses? There's no way of contacting me directly from my blog you see, and I'm always very careful with security online. For example my I tie down a lot of my information on Facebook to friends only, but you have to actively set those settings, they are not on be default which I think they should be.
    Croft
    Will PM you now
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by shakyle2906 View Post
    Croft
    Will PM you now
    Sharon
    PM received and replied to!

ok - I'm thinking of starting off a blog and would like pointing in the right direction. Need an easy to use site but most importantly want something secure that I need to give people address for etc.

Any advice??

Quote Originally Posted by vixxann View Post
    ok - I'm thinking of starting off a blog and would like pointing in the right direction. Need an easy to use site but most importantly want something secure that I need to give people address for etc.

Any advice??
    Same as you Vicky, would love some advice on this. Hope someone answers!

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast