Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a blog about your life in NZ?

Default How do you set up a blog?

Been thinking about doing one for a while. How do you go about setting one up?
    Thanks.

Sorry...not very computer savvy...

Quote Originally Posted by Hagabel View Post
    Thanks.

Blogger and Tumblr are very popular ways to set up a blog without much of a techie background. Google either one.

There is also wordpress, which I am a big fan of, and just won cms of the year. With wordpress you can get a wp account or download it and host yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagabel View Post
    Thanks.

I'd second Eassae's recommendation for Wordpress: very easy to set up (I'm not that computer literate either) and easy to use. If you can post on a board such as this, you can set up and use Wordpress. My link's below for one example of what you can do.

P

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Our "blog" (I use the term loosely as it's more of an online diary) is in my sig. I'd like to make it less of a diary and add more analysis but it's hard enough just trying to keep it updated.

Got a few things coming up - like the Sevens this weekend - so we'll have some fun stuff to update. We did a blog about our time in the US as well. The way we looked at it, we wouldn't have to email everybody and tell them what we'd been up to!

Everything I write is basically on Facebook, so I could inform and annoy everyone at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by newzealand View Post
    hello everybody,
    not sure if this is the right category, however, i would like to share a blog about life in akl/ nz and a little bit of immigration process/ timings. It might encourage people that don't see a light at the end of the immigration tunnel, or at the same time it might be a good insight about the life in new zealand (work, life, buying a car, etc).

www.daniel-in-nz.blogspot.com
    happy waitangi day!!!

I found this site of some interest. Not sure if anyone posted a link for it or not.

http://manvsdebt.com/couchsurfing-ne...d-hospitality/

It's by a family that decided to pull up and relocate abroad. They first relocated to AU and then to NZ for a year. I believe they have recently moved back to the States for a short time. The link above starts with their NZ adventures.

~DDV

Here's my effort so far, I use facebook too, but I'm wary of clogging up everyone's newsfeed with my photos, posts etc. This way our friends and family can look at the blog to find out what we are up to, but other people don't have to.

http://conyersdownunder.blogspot.com/

Strangely, my biggest following seems to be a bunch of old ladies in France, my proud mum put a link to my blog on her french ex-pat forum and now I get more page hits from there than anywhere else!

Hello everyone,

Noticed this post and thought i would chip in with mine, we emigrated to Chch in Aug '08 and i have been addictively blogging since then, the latter posts are more for the folks in the UK and not as interesting as the beginning so anybody interested in an insight into the beginnings of a big family adventure (family of 2/2) then reading the first posts will be very helpful, i hope you enjoy the read.....

CLICK HERE

Best wishes

Steve (Chch)

Add ours to the list

http://lindreth.blogspot.com/

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast