Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a blog about your life in NZ?

There are tons of blogs out there on the subject. Use Google Blog Search.

By the way, you guys using Blogger may find this handy - http://www.independentinitiatives.co...ogs-for-kiwis/

Free blogs with Wordpress for New Zealanders.

Hey dudes,

Mine is in the very early stages, as I'm in the early stages of emigrating, but it's a great way to organise your thoughts...

http://danmorris-adams.blogspot.com/

Hi, I have a personal blog that I've been working on for a while. It is more a collection of articles and snippets about emigrating to New Zealand, which I thought would be useful for looking for information about everything New Zealand. Anyway, hope you find it useful. I know that before I moved out from the UK I certainly found ENZ a mine of information. It's good to look back now and post on here occasionally to help people where I can.

Snapaenz.

http://emigratenewzealand.co.cc/

We've been here only 2 weeks but I started our blog when we came on a recon trip in July 2010. Goes through the whole immigration experience and moving with 6 children.

http://www.theviner8.blogspot.com

Hope I added this link correctly...

Hey folks

Only 4 weeks to go so we have finally popped our blog up online.

Its still early days and we don't have many posts yet but feel free to check back from time to time to follow our adventures.

http://www.iwanttogotothere.co.nz

(Responding to something in the blog.) The water - sadly for a lovely urban myth, no, it doesn't! There's an effect due to the rotation of the earth which works on large things like weather systems, but there are so many variables working on a tiny thing like water in a plughole that it's not visible there.

I also started a blog in May as we are in the beginning stages too. I do keep it updated, but only when something new happens otherwise you'd be seeing how my last two papers have not arrived for the past month of posts : p

Although our pictures are there, I don't think I've put too much personal information on it or anything I'd be worried about other people reading/seeing. It's definitely a good way to keep track of our progress and my feelings while waiting through each stage.

Our blog name is:
    http://movingtoourplaceinnewzealand.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by aphistory View Post
    I nearly fell out of my chair when I read this. Not sure if I was laughing hysterically or in hysterical fear to realize we were already at step 10. It bears repeating for we newbies. Thanks to Amber and the original poster who may have been us in another dimension....

In an effort to help those that follow behind, this is a loose list of the steps I’ve gone through thus far:
    1. You get this crazy idea to move to NZ .
    2. You stare at the cat and suffer over whether or not to take it. Same with the spouse. And your couch…
    3. You tell one friend that you’re thinking about moving to NZ. They tell you that you are crazy/haven’t thought this through/what about the cat/how can you leave your mom she’s so old…
    4. A year later you begin to search for information on how you could move to NZ.
    5. You discover www.enz.org/forum and it doesn’t seem to be that far fetched of idea. These people seem sane and some even seem to be happy they went. It’s a little confusing with all the blue bananas but the forums make it sound doable.
    6. You read dozens of webpages of the NZ government website, some that send you in circles, others that say something vague, some give hope while others contradict what another page said. The link to the one file you need is broken. Various PDFs collect on your computer. Arguments ensue between spouses. Acronyms are tossed around like ITA, IQA, EOI and WTR. But…
    7. You form a plan. In order to get in you’ll need some paperwork to get your qualifications recognized. A few days later while sitting in a ring of boxes, old files and high school year books (with the cat aimed in your direction) you realize that you should have saved most of the paperwork you’ve thrown out over the years. Your birth certificate is missing/torn/has the wrong name on it. Your passport has expired. Half the companies you’ve worked for no longer exist.
    8. At this point any of your old nervous habits like nail biting, continuous snacking or facial twitches begin to show up.
    9. Through the course of gathering information the rumour gets out. The reactions vary. Family members start grilling you. Coworkers ask “why all the references? Are you quitting?” Someone invites themselves to stay with you when you get down there. A few people inform you there is a recession on. One person mentions the sheep to person ratio. Someone asks you about the cat. Again the aged mother is brought up. One coworker mumbles that they hate you and wish they could go.
    10. Finally you send your first envelope of paperwork off and you immediately log onto www.enz.org/forum and inform people that you’ve done some part of the process and you tack some bananas onto the post. I can see this will require some bottles of red wine to get through. But it is exciting.
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27577

Our blog is in our sig line.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    (Responding to something in the blog.) The water - sadly for a lovely urban myth, no, it doesn't! There's an effect due to the rotation of the earth which works on large things like weather systems, but there are so many variables working on a tiny thing like water in a plughole that it's not visible there.
    The coriolis effect- man I was gutted when I found out I couldn't go to the equator and see it in a bucket with a bung. I haven't gotten over it actually, more upsetting than finding out Father Christmas wasn't real.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 LastLast