Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a blog about your life in NZ?

Default FAO Kat

Kat, am I reading this right? You're a grandmother? I'd read previous posts about you being a grandmother, but I assumed you must be about 60 or something. You're only 3 years older than me and I've just had a baby!!!! (although he's my third). You're making me feel very old!!

Good blog, anyway. Ours will get more interesting, promise. Where are you headed for in NZ?

Kate x

Default granny NZ

Quote Originally Posted by K&CS
    Kat, am I reading this right? You're a grandmother? I'd read previous posts about you being a grandmother, but I assumed you must be about 60 or something. You're only 3 years older than me and I've just had a baby!!!! (although he's my third). You're making me feel very old!!

Good blog, anyway. Ours will get more interesting, promise. Where are you headed for in NZ?

Kate x
    Yep granny I am.....Daughter is 19 1/2, I may be 40 in age....but I am 20 in my head!....Monday to Friday...feel 80!

But I have 4 weeks exactly till I finish work, then I have 8 weeks to get rid of all my worldly goods, and play Granny as much as possible....
    Find some Good WEBCAMS!! and try to instill into my youngest Jason that he must STUDY! for his GCSE's! we fly out when he is in the middle of them!

Jordon the middle one is 17 and has found a replacement mum in his new girlfriend (its luuuurvvvv!!) Emma .... hes still talking of staying till hes finished his ECITB Course!....I have said for him to come out with Jason as I dont want him travelling on his own...............I'll just lock him in the basement when he gets there

Kat (ps I had mine when I was 21,23 and 25)....but I now get to spend 2 mths as a teenager!!

Ok... well... I shall expose mine for all to see as well. Oo errr.

http://jaideconz.blogspot.com/

Lots more to go on there though.

Just sat and read all your blogs .....they are great

I have a forum ,full of photos and daily goings on ,We post and friends and family post on it too.

So I dont want to put the address on here ,but if anyone wants to take a peek ,send me a PM and I will give the address.

Marie x

I'm more than happy for people to comment on our blog, in fact it's positively encouraged!

It's been fun reading everyone's blogs. We don't have a NZ blog yet as we've put this dream on hold for the meantime (decided to enjoy where we are for the moment), but keep them coming guys! It's very encouraging for those of us who are still on the other side.

I finally got round to linking up all your sites!! Keep them coming!!

Phew! we are now updating our blog (URL below) regularly again, if anyone is interested in visiting it.
    We bought a different house after just a month or two in the previous one. We are now 45 mins. closer to Auckland, which will help as Vera is v.likely to be working there more and more. We did like Te Kuiti an awful lot, met some wonderful people and began to take part in the community, but a big factor in our decision was its distance from Auckland. And, as I 've said on the blog, moving house straight after you have just moved is actually quite practical: most things are still packed and there has not been time to settle.
    We hope that we don't convey an air of making weird, impulsive decsiions! We really think this move makes sense for us, and we love our new cottage.

All the best, everyone, wherever you are in the NZ process!

The new house looks great - very NZ !!!

Have you discovered how to pronounce Kihikihi yet? When we were up that way at Christmas we heard it referred to as 'Kiki'.

Hope to see you all again soon - did you get my card by the way?

Diny

Thanks so much, Diny. We're very happy here. No, I'm afraid we haven't got the card yet. It'll probably get here soon. Was it an actual posted card, or a virtual one? Oh, and did you get our little package?

And, yes, we think it's most suitable to think of the pronunciation as "Kiki"... it might(??) be technically more accurate to put in a very slight little extra "-ee" sound after each syllable, but only very lightly and slightly. Anyway, 99% of people know where I mean when I say "Kiki".

By the way, folks, I'll put some links to other blogs on our site soon.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast