Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a blog about your life in NZ?

Well don't use me as the voice of reason, but I have one with blogspot.com. I think most people use it as it is fairly simple (once you play around a bit) and I think it is set as private only, then add/invite friends to view.
    Ours is still for us until we get to NZ as it is parts of our story so far, we will add better moments when we arrive and let our family see it then. - don't want them worrying over our problems until all is resolved.

I use Wordpress.com.
    Chiba from this forum recommended it to me as I wanted to keep mine private as worried about pictures of my daughter & although it took me a bit of playing around with it's worked. I invite people by e mail to join & no one else can look at it, I know a few peopel in the UK have had problems but others have found it easy, funny the ones that found it difficult worked in IT
    I'm sure I'm not using it right in terms of inviting people to join rather than just look at it but it's working & they have made some changes recently which have made it all easier to use
    Good luck & let me know if I can help anymore

Adding myself to this list..........

My normal day to day ramblings about life in general take place at http://mindofamadwoman.blogspot.com

But I just set up a blog to document everything from today where we made the official decision to actually DO this move ... http://canucksflyingsouth.blogspot.com

Will be updated regularly as we move through this.

I'm going through the list right now, a lot of good information out there. It's fun learning about New Zealand, but there's a special something about hearing the day to day going on's of somebody who's actually going through it all right now.

I set up one on livejournal last week. I thought it would be cool and unique to setup a blog about the whole process, from when I first started getting serious about it, through my eventual reccy and, if all goes well, to the actual move and settling in process. Would be good for family and anybody else planning on doing the same thing. Well, guess it's not too unique...but hey, still a cool idea.

KiwiBound

might as well post up our blog. it documents everything from putting in the EOI to acceptance and soon to be move to wellington. It's been pretty easy to keep it up to date so far so i don't see any reason for that changing.

I'm looking forward to having new photos for the blog posts from New Zealand

http://escapetokiwiland.blogspot.com

My contribution to the blogosphere: http://www.fushnchups.co.nz

Talking

Hello,

Me and the family landed in Chch last August and give or take a few weeks I have managed to write a weekly blog laying out every detail from landing, settling, and now living here in New Zealand. I find it great therapy and the family back home have become a little addicted to it, it is a fantastic way of letting everyone know what is happening without leaving people out which can cause grief. I regularly get 60-70 hits a week and as long as people enjoy it then i will write it....check it out...

http://www.getjealous.com/getjealous.php?go=stevied20

Best wishes

Steve

PS: I never really thanked everyone on here for the help prior to arriving in Chch, and once i landed i never really returned to the ENZ, which i always felt a little guilty about, it is a fantastic site and full of excellent info, and i regularly reccommend it to people. So a big thank-you to everyone...
    Last edited by stevied20; 24th March 2009 at 05:49 PM.

This thread poppin up again has prompted me to re read our blog from start to finish (its not that long). However our NZ trip is still quite upsetting for me as I found myself gently reading it and recalling the emotions that went along with it. Despite that I think blogs are a great idea to capture all those important times.

Quote Originally Posted by leachio View Post
    This thread poppin up again has prompted me to re read our blog from start to finish (its not that long). However our NZ trip is still quite upsetting for me as I found myself gently reading it and recalling the emotions that went along with it. Despite that I think blogs are a great idea to capture all those important times.
    Even reading back my personal blog (only friends see it) make me a little sometimes but then you think how much you've experienced and grown and you feel a little accomplished don't you think? I know we don't know each other that well, but hope you're well and happy!

Thanks ellenmelon,

I am great now we are back home again thanx

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast