Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314

Thread: PR waiting time

Quote Originally Posted by cdabs View Post
    My application was approved!

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this forum - it really makes you feel less stressed knowing everyone elses timelines!

My timeline:
    Application sent (without passport): 7/12/21
    Application returned with a letter asking to resubmit it with my passport: 26/1/22
    Resubmitted: 3/2/22
    Confirmation recieved & payment taken: 24/2/22
    Passport returned: 16/3/22
    Accepted: 12/5/22

Good luck to everyone else that's still waiting!!
    Congratulations!!!

That's interesting they wanted the physical passport up front - I remember for the residency application they wanted passports LAST after approval in principal.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    That's interesting they wanted the physical passport up front - I remember for the residency application they wanted passports LAST after approval in principal.
    No, that's because he submitted neither the original passport nor a certified copy initially, and hence he failed to meet the mandatory requirements for the application to be lodged. Just like the application for the original Resident Visa, one can apply with a certified copy of the passport, but INZ has discretion to request the original passport should they deem it necessary.

Compare R2.40 (mandatory requirements for lodging an application for most residence class visas) with RV1.10.10 (mandatory requirements for lodging an application for a Permanent Resident Visa). There are fewer mandatory requirements for lodging the Permanent Resident Visa application, but note that the passport requirements are identical.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314