Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 156

Thread: PR waiting time

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,368

    Default


  2. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdabs View Post
    My application was approved!

    Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this forum - it really makes you feel less stressed knowing everyone elses timelines!

    My timeline:
    Application sent (without passport): 7/12/21
    Application returned with a letter asking to resubmit it with my passport: 26/1/22
    Resubmitted: 3/2/22
    Confirmation recieved & payment taken: 24/2/22
    Passport returned: 16/3/22
    Accepted: 12/5/22

    Good luck to everyone else that's still waiting!!
    Congratulations!!!

    That's interesting they wanted the physical passport up front - I remember for the residency application they wanted passports LAST after approval in principal.

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Zealand (ex: South Africa)
    Posts
    973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    That's interesting they wanted the physical passport up front - I remember for the residency application they wanted passports LAST after approval in principal.
    No, that's because he submitted neither the original passport nor a certified copy initially, and hence he failed to meet the mandatory requirements for the application to be lodged. Just like the application for the original Resident Visa, one can apply with a certified copy of the passport, but INZ has discretion to request the original passport should they deem it necessary.

    Compare R2.40 (mandatory requirements for lodging an application for most residence class visas) with RV1.10.10 (mandatory requirements for lodging an application for a Permanent Resident Visa). There are fewer mandatory requirements for lodging the Permanent Resident Visa application, but note that the passport requirements are identical.

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Hi All
    Yesterday I have called INZ to check my PR application and they said that PR applications submitted early Feb are being allocated to CO now. It is the current status of Palmerston North branch.

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nath View Post
    Hi Juniper
    What Manutd suggested is your better option
    - option 1 - apply for a PR, but tick the box for variation if PR is not approved - current timeframe is 76d to 6months to be approved. I have applied on 01/03 and do not have even a CO to read a cover letter yet as your advisor suggested, if it helps
    - option 2 - only apply for a variation of condition as your permanent resident visa is still valid and it will allow you to travel to US and came back, current timeframe 19d - 49d. So in the worst scenario you will receive new passports ~31/May and get a variation approved ~19/07 and your tickets may help to accelerate it.
    I do not see the first one as an option in your situation.
    Is there no fast track or emergency option to renew the passports?
    Update: we got the kids' new passports back and sent in our PR application last week, tracking says it was delivered 26th May. I consulted with our advisor, and she again said to apply for PR, but check the box for variation of conditions as a backup. So that's option 1 as quoted above. She says that a documentation officer does look at submitted materials and the cover letter before it's assigned to a case officer, so it shouldn't go unnoticed - and she will check on the status 2 weeks after the application was delivered. After that, the plan is for her to again contact INZ again close to our travel date, and request escalation at that point. I included copies of our plane tickets, and the cover letter explains our situation.

    One other thing I probably wouldn't have known to do is to include certified copies of the kids' old passports in addition to the new ones. I don't need to separately apply for a transfer of the visa to their new passport, that's superseded by the application for PR (so no extra forms) - but good to have documentation of both the new and old passport numbers. We kept our original passports in hand in case we need to travel before the application processing is done.

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Oman
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Hi Juniper,

    Can you please share details of your LIA as I am also looking to get an advice from LIA on some matters and I am also looking for a good LIA.

    thanks

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manutd View Post
    Hi Juniper,

    Can you please share details of your LIA as I am also looking to get an advice from LIA on some matters and I am also looking for a good LIA.

    thanks
    Sure, Caroline Peri was our second advisor after our first one couldn’t communicate clearly with me and led to many expensive misunderstandings, Caroline was local to me and easy to meet in person. She handled our initial residency which happened to have a very persnickety CO demanding tons of additional evidence.
    https://www.carolineperi.nz/

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Oman
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Thanks Juniper

  9. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Hello did anyone applied for resident to permanent resident in May 2022 and did you got any update about it or not?
    Last edited by bhargav68; 8th June 2022 at 08:37 PM.

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4

    Default

    So an update to mine…still waiting…

    Submitted 3/12/21;
    acknowledged : 24 Jan with request for INZ1209
    Submitted INZ1209 24 Jan
    Acknowledged: 25 Jan

    Palmerston North Office

    I’ve emailed follow-up requests three times. The first reply was “it’s a big decision…just be patient” The second email was completely ignored, the third said “we’re working on it”

    On 27 May, I replied to the third asking if they could give me more information. I just got a reply saying that my application is currently pending third party check which can take some time and is beyond our control.

    Any idea what this might be? How long can it take? It’s been over 6 months now, and I’m getting highly frustrated…

    Thanks

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •