Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: PR waiting time

I'm guessing that you're near the end now. For every case, whatever the visa, when the CO has finished working it, it is always looked over by an official of senior or equal rank, 1) to check for mistakes, and 2) to guard against any possibility of corruption, before the applicant is told the decision. That process is most usually called 'second person checking', or 'quality control', but I suspect the 'third party check' may mean the same thing. If that's right, the CO is quite correct that s/he hasn't any influence on how long it takes, as it's in a date-order queue for the attention of the officials in the other department - the actual checking doesn't take very long, but the length of the wait depends on how many other cases had got there before yours.

Appproval received!!!
    Submitted 01/03, approval received 11/06
    Palmy branch

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I'm guessing that you're near the end now. For every case, whatever the visa, when the CO has finished working it, it is always looked over by an official of senior or equal rank, 1) to check for mistakes, and 2) to guard against any possibility of corruption, before the applicant is told the decision. That process is most usually called 'second person checking', or 'quality control', but I suspect the 'third party check' may mean the same thing. If that's right, the CO is quite correct that s/he hasn't any influence on how long it takes, as it's in a date-order queue for the attention of the officials in the other department - the actual checking doesn't take very long, but the length of the wait depends on how many other cases had got there before yours.
    Thanks. I was under the impression that the third party check was to an external agency asking/verifying something (potentially on that additional document.) if it’s a second person checking (which I am aware of), then you’re right…sounds like its coming to the end of the wait!!!

Hooray! Time to get ready to buy the family gifts (we’re buying each other greenstones as a PR celebration gift!)

Could I apply my PR even I'm out of NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nath View Post
    Appproval received!!!
    Submitted 01/03, approval received 11/06
    Palmy branch

Quote Originally Posted by Davidr4501 View Post
    Thanks. I was under the impression that the third party check was to an external agency asking/verifying something (potentially on that additional document.) if it’s a second person checking (which I am aware of), then you’re right…sounds like its coming to the end of the wait!!!

Hooray! Time to get ready to buy the family gifts (we’re buying each other greenstones as a PR celebration gift!)
    Well, I HOPE my guess is right. It's a possibility. Otherwise, and sorry to be saying hold back on the celebrations, if your thought is correct and their "3rd party checks" are part of doing a National Security Check, timing is a grey area, as that doesn't come under INZ, so no description of the requirements and procedures is publicly available, and all the CO can do is wait for the word to come through. Did you have to have a National Security Check before you got your Residence?

Here's a post from EGoodhue, a former INZ CO, explaining about the NSC in more detail. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...241#post580241

Quote Originally Posted by benz View Post
    Could I apply my PR even I'm out of NZ?
    If you qualify, yes. See here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/know...-question-1034

Hi All,
    I have friend , his wife’s Permeant residence visa is under process (currently resident visa is expired). She has not received her visa yet however she is leaving with he family to overseas .
    I am checking on their behalf , is it ok to leave and can come back when PR visa electronically received? Or can they still be back? Or does she needs interim visa prior leaving ? Any possible issues can she face if she leaves with expired resident visa?

Any feedback will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance .

leaving NZ is not a problem, coming back is. They can only come back in the country when there PR is issued (As their resident visa will become invalid once they leave the country with expired travel conditions).

If they have to return before their PR is approved, they should apply "variation of travel conditions - Resident Visa". Then they could leave and come back regardless of their PR application outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Well, I HOPE my guess is right. It's a possibility. Otherwise, and sorry to be saying hold back on the celebrations, if your thought is correct and their "3rd party checks" are part of doing a National Security Check, timing is a grey area, as that doesn't come under INZ, so no description of the requirements and procedures is publicly available, and all the CO can do is wait for the word to come through. Did you have to have a National Security Check before you got your Residence?

Here's a post from EGoodhue, a former INZ CO, explaining about the NSC in more detail. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...241#post580241
    Yes, we did the NCS when getting the residence, but it didn't take that long!

I certainly hope we're not waiting on another country's service, although that country is typically quite efficient. Having said that, they've changed their laws recently which may affect their willingness to respond (Hong Kong, and my wife is on a British National (Overseas) passport - which Hong Kong no longer recognises!

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast