Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: PR waiting time

Quote Originally Posted by onyiking View Post
    Finally bro , congratulations and I hope this news brings good news & success to Manchester United in the coming Premier League season aswell .
    Happy for you brother .
    Thanks bro....all the best to your application as well. Hope for the best in the coming season...but still looks a long road.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    RV1.20 determines the eligibility of people who were not principal applicants in the original residence application to be granted a variation of travel conditions, second or subsequent Resident Visa or a Permanent Resident Visa.

R2.1 determines who can be included in an application for a variation of travel conditions, second or subsequent Resident Visa or Permanent Resident Visa application.

Reading both in conjunction with each other should answer your question.
    Oh thank you! I'm quite surprised to find out that the only requirement for non-principal is that the principal has received the pr and the non-principal has ever been to NZ on that visa.
    Interesting... so basically the partner/children can stay in home country and leave the principal applicant to live in NZ. They're not required to stay for certain amount of time.

Well I think my question get answered.
    Will share my progress when the journey get started soon!

Quote Originally Posted by manutd View Post
    Finally....I have received my PR visa yesterday after a long wait of 7.5 months.

Application Submission : 08- Dec-21

NSC requested : 21-Jan-22

NSC Submitted: 28-Jan-22

Application Approved: 25-Jul-22

No contact from CO in my case.

Good luck to all other who are waiting for their PR approvals.

Congratulations!

That gives some hope that it would finally happen to my daughter as well. She applied right after the Xmas break. First, right away in Jan they requested NSC (haven't seen it before for the RP visa). Then in Feb they asked for an additional form (mostly the same questions as in NSC).
    No updates since Feb.

I can't believe how long it takes now. I got my RP approved in just 18 days (3 years ago). How could it go so wrong lately..

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Well, I HOPE my guess is right. It's a possibility. Otherwise, and sorry to be saying hold back on the celebrations, if your thought is correct and their "3rd party checks" are part of doing a National Security Check, timing is a grey area, as that doesn't come under INZ, so no description of the requirements and procedures is publicly available, and all the CO can do is wait for the word to come through. Did you have to have a National Security Check before you got your Residence?

Here's a post from EGoodhue, a former INZ CO, explaining about the NSC in more detail. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...241#post580241
    So an update....

Still no communication at all from immigration. I sent an email to the Palmy-North centre, asking an update as it's no 8 months since I submitted (and 6 months since they got the INZ1209)

Got a reply today from the manager of the PR team. I'm told that the "third party check" is with an external agency: "This is not an internal check, rather a check done by an external party to ensure that all the Immigration instructions have been met."

Further, I was told."...we have escalated this issue and of course been in contact with the required parties as there are a number of applicants in the same situation as you."

so...still waiting...8 months down and still...waiting...and waiting...and wa

Quote Originally Posted by Davidr4501 View Post
    So an update....

Still no communication at all from immigration. I sent an email to the Palmy-North centre, asking an update as it's no 8 months since I submitted (and 6 months since they got the INZ1209)

Got a reply today from the manager of the PR team. I'm told that the "third party check" is with an external agency: "This is not an internal check, rather a check done by an external party to ensure that all the Immigration instructions have been met."

Further, I was told."...we have escalated this issue and of course been in contact with the required parties as there are a number of applicants in the same situation as you."

so...still waiting...8 months down and still...waiting...and waiting...and wa
    Friends of mine who applied PRV back in 2016/17 told me that they got it within 5 days of applying. Why has the new timelines gone so crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by desilva View Post
    Friends of mine who applied PRV back in 2016/17 told me that they got it within 5 days of applying. Why has the new timelines gone so crazy?
    Covid-related delays and backlogs.

8 months is an outlier though, that in this instance is caused by a National Security Check being required.

Default My timeline (PR in progress)

Hi All,

Just wanted to share the following update for those that it might help:

22-Jul: PR application submitted (Manukau)
    05-Aug: Sent mail to INZ enquiring about the lodgment status
    06-Aug: Payment deducted
    07-Aug: Received an automated e-mail with the Application number
    07-Aug: Received a reply from INZ to my email stating that my application was lodged and awaiting assignment of an immigration officer.

Now waiting for a decision. I will post an update when there is one.

Regards,
    K

Hii,

Just adding my current timeline to the mix:

July 25th: PR application received at Manukau (sent passport with application)
    August 8th: payment taken

Crossing my fingers the process won't take as long as my residency application

Hi to all,

I have listed my application dates and communication with INZ.

08 March 2022: PR application received and money deducted
    23-March 2022: passport returned

No response since then it is already more than 5 months.

Now my travel conditions have already expired so I have sent an email to INZ asking for an update and if I require to send another application to change my travel conditions.

03-Aug 2022: Send an email requiring an update

No response yet.

will update once I have any. Good Luck to everyone.

Cheers

Did you have plans to leave the country? If you didn't, you are fine as you are. Residence lasts forever, while you are still in NZ. Travel conditions is a rather odd name for permission to re-enter the country if you have been abroad, and it's irrelevant if you don't want to do that.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast